1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC:
"Research on comprehensive approach for strengthening resilience at local level."
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
It is expected that the intern will (i) undertake literature review on global discussions on strengthening resilience to a whole range of shocks and stresses faced by poor and vulnerable communities (such as disasters, climate change, conflict, economic shocks etc.); (ii) carry out discussions with selected sector and thematic groups (such as social development, finance, governance etc.) to understand resilience related issues faced at the local level and how different sectoral/thematic interventions can help address the issues; and (iii) propose initial ideas for a working framework/approach for strengthening resilience comprehensively through ADB investment projects.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
ADB provides a stipend of 69 USD per day for a maximum of 56 calendar days only. Interns may choose to continue work beyond 56 calendar days in agreement with the designated supervisors, but without stipend.
4. LOCATION: ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Presently enrolled in a Master's or PhD course in international development or related field.
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:
1. Curriculum vitae (CV)
2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.
3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB.
(2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).
This vacancy is archived.
UNcareer.net - official telegram channel. International jobs and internships opportunities. Daily Update.Join Channel
UN career subscription. Get new vacancies and internships daily on your phone.Subscribe now