Counterpart International is currently seeking an Intern to assist the Asia Team with the administrative management of their programs, and especially to meeting the program reporting requirements. This is a part-time, paid internship position based in Arlington, VA. This position will report to the Africa Program Associate. The initial period for the internship is up to 3 months with the possibility to extend.
The intern’s primary responsibility will be to:
- Provide logistical and administrative support to headquarters and field office teams;
- Liaise with and develop effective collaborative relationships with Counterpart field staff and HQ staff in the development of communications products and programmatic documentation;
- Assist with drafting consulting agreements, processing invoices, cash advance requests, and expense reports;
- Support monitoring and evaluation tasks by reviewing documentation for quality and completeness against pre-defined parameters and providing feedback, as necessary;
- Assist in researching, writing, editing, proofreading and updating programmatic documentation for internal and/or external use (e.g., desk reviews, fact sheets, quarterly reports, annual work plans, trip reports, donor success and impact stories, and past performance reviews); and
- Other tasks as needed.
Qualified candidates for this internship will be able to work five (5) days a week (maximum of 29 hours per week) and will have the following qualifications:
- Current student/ recent graduate in international affairs, international development, public policy or a related field;
- Prior work experience in/or study of international development; prior experience with USAID is a plus;
- Ability to work independently as well as proactively seek out information from diverse groups and collaborate as a strong team player to create new processes and resolve issues;
- Strong communication, time-management, and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated ability to perform under pressure and an ability to focus on details;
Demonstrated proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel;
Fluency in English with strong writing skills is required;
Experience and/or knowledge of Asia is preferred but not required.