Based on Oxfam’s strategies in MENA and in accordance with the Oxfam 2020 vision, the “Institutional Development and Funding Coordinator (IDFC)” will lead on new institutional development, creating, identifying and accessing new funding opportunities; maintaining a consistent standard of donor relationship and high-quality proposal development across the country context; and will actively seek to grow income for the Oxfam Country Programs through (national, multi country or global) funding opportunities and consortium partnerships.
The IDFC will also support the Country Director in providing strategic leadership on resource mobilisation for the Country Office. S/he will be responsible for developing and implementing the country’s resource mobilisation strategies; supporting the Country Director in building partnerships with donors, relevant Oxfam Affiliates and civil society stakeholders; identifying new funding opportunities; working closely with the program team to developing innovative programs for submissions to donors; addressing key financial and reputational risks and ensuring that there are strategies in place to maintain adequate skills and capacity, staffing and income within the portfolio of the country office.
The IDFC will be expected to work across the confederation of OI affiliates in achieving the country’ funding strategy and be the primary link for accessing technical fundraising assistance and support from the confederation’s fundraising architecture and especially all the (current and potential) Partner Affiliates of countries both at global and at regional MENA levels.
Type of contract: Fixed term contract
Contract Duration: One year (renewable depending on staff performance and project funding)
Working hours: Full time (40hours/week)
Location: Based in Tunis, Tunisia
Salary & Conditions: According to Oxfam Salary scale and HR policy and conditions in Tunisia.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Reporting to: Country Director (CD).
Staff reporting to this position: N/A
Job Purpose - Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Business Development, Partnerships and Resource mobilization strategies - (35%):
Leads the design and implementation of country resource mobilization strategy/ies intended to strengthen income and partnerships to deliver the country strategies. Under the supervision of the CD and in close coordination with the PM and CO team, lead the production of the CO strategies and annual plans and produces the CO general quarterly and annual reports.
Actively identifies, qualifies and tracks funding and partnership opportunities in a systematic manner in pursuit of supporting Oxfam’s CO and programs; with Oxfam Affiliates, institutional and other donors. Makes propositions, to the CD, for how to best seize them, to attract and establish new partnerships and support.
Seeks to grow income for the county and for the confederation through funding opportunities and scoping new consortium partnerships with stakeholders at national, regional and global levels. Facilitates inter-affiliate negotiations on prime applicant selection and supports the CD for the final decision.
Monitors the funding pipeline and leads on income planning and forecasting at national level in link with the region. Collaborates to support confederation public fundraising by effective matching of program needs within the country to affiliate based public fundraising efforts. Monitors and mentors the country office’s performance on fundraising and, in consultation with the Institutional Funding Units at PA level, provides the country office input into relevant monitoring tools and systems.
Fundraising, Bid Development & Compliance Assurance - (30%):
In close collaboration with the PM/MEAL/program team and finance team, prepares all necessary groundwork for proposal development and bid management - including multi-country and multi-affiliate ones -, helps assemble bid development teams, provides effective bid project management and undertakes quality and compliance assurances and check of donor proposals, to ensure high quality competitive proposals, and inclusive and quality risk assessment in order to successfully secure institutional donor funds at scale.
Contribute, where it’s needed, to drafting and editing proposals in coordination with the program team. Manage all required internal sign off and facilitate the submission of all bids and proposals in close consultation with the CD.
Under the supervision of the CD and in consultation with relevant staff, take part and potentially lead in negotiations with donors in acquisition phase.
Support and accompany program team around contract management and report development, and on ‘Inception Workshops’ for grants/contracts.
Provides technical advice in negotiations with institutional donors or business partners over contracts, costs, governance and accountability, and compliance requirements. Advices programme and finance staff to deliver strong donor compliance and undertake quality assurance for reports for donors in the region considered to be high risk, to help minimise any negative impact to Oxfam’s income and reputation
Supports staff to adhere to funding policies and guidelines of the Oxfam confederation.
Building Strategic Donor relations and engagement - (20%):
Together with the CD, ensures the development and management of Oxfam’s relationships with institutional - and other types of - donor representatives within a country and multi-country context, building on Oxfam’s track record and reputation.
In close cooperation with the CD, the ‘Programs Manager’ and the ‘Program Team’ proactively engage in influencing donors’ policy and thinking, and identify key areas of potential cooperation, including program funding. In coordination with the ‘Media & Communications Officer’ support visibility in order to positively influence and promote Oxfam’s strategic and operational positioning, and thereby contribute to an effective and proactive fundraising.
Coordination - (10%):
Co-ordinates business development and funding activities with relevant Oxfam staff in country and at regional level as well as with Oxfam Affiliates, and reports on progress to the CD and Senior Management Team (SMT).
Active engagement in Oxfam co-ordination mechanisms within the region to improve inter-country and inter-affiliate collaboration
Links with the confederation funding architecture to access intelligence, opportunities and skills. Brokers and streamlines assistance from donor account managers in Affiliate HQs and shared services and builds collaborative relationships with these.
Participates and actively engages in relevant regional Funding bodies.
Where possible and needed, coordinate and provide capacity building and advises to partners to help them link with donors and raise funds directly.
Management - (5%):
Participate in the country Senior Management Team (SMT), ensuring a consistent standard of excellence in resource mobilization and business development. Advises management as needed on recruitment, risk identification, skills training and capacity building and help ensure that the country programs are adequately resourced.
Technical Skills, Experience & Knowledge
· A university degree - or equivalent - in Social Sciences, Business Administration, Law, Economics or International Development or other relevant experience.
· At least 7-10 years of demonstrable experience and success in engaging with bilateral and multilateral donors for an international agency; demonstrated ability to devise and implement resource mobilisation strategies; and proven ability to identify new business opportunities and partnerships.
· Solid experience, very good knowledge and understanding of the donor and funding context, environment and key players in the Middle East.
· Experience, very good knowledge and understanding of the Middle East context – especially Egypt – and of key issues of development and transition.
· Experience of working with and coaching technical teams to develop complex program proposals that are funded by institutional donors.
· Ability to work within a multicultural, multilingual, and multidisciplinary environment and to work effectively with others in a team across institutional boundaries and business units. Proven ability to utilise talent and expertise of team members to achieve objectives.
· Solid understanding and convictions of a rights-based approach and gender sensitive, and experience in the NGO sector.
· Good familiarity with government decision-making processes, both political and technical, including budget processes, appropriation, protocols, and communications.
· Strong verbal and written communication, networking, representational, and negotiation skills. Excellent command of English; at least good knowledge of Arabic is desirable and of French is a plus.
· Strong writing skills and strong ability to identify and articulate strategic and policy issues through effective oral and written briefs.
· Ability to make effective, timely decisions and take prudent risks.
· Experience of skills capacity building in relation to programme funding or related field.
· Excellent computer skills, including various office applications and internet navigation.
· Experience with EU guidelines and procedures (Desirable).
· Good knowledge and awareness of issues related to Oxfam’s strategic objectives and theories of change (Desirable).
This job description may be modified in accordance with the activities or the evolution of operational needs.
If interested, please send your application (motivation letter & curriculum vitae) by mentioning in object “Institutional Development and Funding Coordinator (IDFC)” to: "Jobs.Recruitments@oxfamnovib.nl "
no later than Sunday 25th of November, 2018.
Applicants from all backgrounds and nationalities based in Tunis or elsewhere in the MENA region or beyond, are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will have their application acknowledged.
Oxfam is an equal opportunity organization
UNcareer.net - official telegram channel. International jobs and internships opportunities. Daily Update.Join Channel
UN career subscription. Get new vacancies and internships daily on your phone.Subscribe now