The position is located in Bangkok, Thailand. This is a position in UNOPS for supporting projects carried out for the United Nations Secretariat and located in the United Nations Enterprise Application Centre- Bangkok (EAC – BKK). The incumbent of this position will be a staff member of UNOPS under its full responsibility.
In 2014 EAC-BKK was established to serve as Asia-Pacific hub to build enterprise applications for the United Nations Secretariat. The staff being located both in New York and Bangkok, EAC-BKK oversees the development and maintenance of enterprise applications such as iNeed Customer Relationship Management system (iNeed), Electronic Fuel Management System 2 (eFMS-2), Electronic Contingency-Owned Equipment (eCOE), and Electronic Rations Management System (eRMS) among others.
Core enterprise application solutions have been built upon Siebel CRM public sector, Oracle-based identity management systems, JEE Spring Framework, PeopleSoft, SAP and Android/iPhone mobile platforms.
Functional responsibilities :
This position is under the general supervision of the Chief of Service, the incumbent reports to the senior project managers based on the resource requirement and project schedules.
The Information Systems Analyst participates in requirement and feasibility analysis, design and implement metadata, ETL, and reporting components of the solution, conducts quality assurance activities, prepares relevant documentation, liaises with administrator and developers for deployment and system update.
The incumbent is expected to produce following deliverables:
- Detailed design, configuration, quality assurance, training curriculum documentation
- Practice strong configuration management and version control
- Perform troubleshooting and provide solutions
- Independently manage assigned tasks without supervision
- Abide by best practices in the design and implementation of solutions
- Perform other duties as required
Monitoring and Progress Controls:
- In coordination with the senior project managers, the incumbent is to monitor the progress and assure the on-time deliveries of technical artifacts and documents produced by the development team
- The incumbent is expected to exercise flexibility in dynamically changing delivery requirements and coordination skills in the controls of delivery schedule
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, mathematics, statistics or related field is required. Advanced university degree in a relevant field is desirable.
- Minimum 2 years of progressively responsible experience in requirement analysis, designing, programming, quality assurance, systems analysis, and systems maintenance is required for a holder of a Bachelor’s degree in the relevant fields. A Master’s degree may substitute for some of the required years of experience.
- Work experience in Siebel, Open UI, Siebel Configuration, and integration with external systems is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of UN application architecture and other standard platforms is desirable.
- Fluency in written and oral English is required. Knowledge of another United Nations official language is an advantage.