· To coordinate, manage and supervise the network of enumerators in Syria through direct communication with the network.
· To Supervise the whole network (Camps – Sub Districts) through direct supervision of the enumerators.
· To manage the daily tasks of the enumerators with the appropriate follow up.
· To co-recruit enumerators with the aim to establish full coverage of Syria.
· To evaluate the performance of network of enumerators bi-annually.
· To check regularly the existence of the enumerators within the sub-district he/she covers and report to IMU manager.
· To organize and carry out training for enumerators.
· To develop the training materials and procedures.
· To revise and develop of data collection tools and test them on Kobo.
· To supervise the timelines of the data collection in Syria.
· To debrief the enumerators after receiving the raw data.
· To clean and revise the received data.
· To develop the methodology of the data collection and follow up with the enumerators (resources, procedures, and tools)
· To triangulate data with other ACU departments regarding the collected information by their field staff.
· To receive and forward Emergency Alerts from the enumerators
· To communicate information requests to the enumerators
· To assist in the dissemination of information to Syria.
· To participate in preparing the questionnaire.
· To apply the Safety & Security Principles for enumerators during their field work.
· To attend Cluster meetings, present IMU products there and engage with UN cluster leads.
· To present IMU products in professional way in English/Arabic languages in meetings.
· To prepare ad-hoc flash reports as requested from the management.
· To follow up the financial and HR issues with the related department.
· To prepare the monthly payroll in coordination with the HR & Admin Dept.
Note: the above mentioned key responsibilities/accountabilities are illustrative ones. Another future responsibilities/accountabilities may be assigned to the job depending on the department organizational chart.
Qualification (Education/Work Experience/Languages)
- Education: Bachelor degree in BA or any related field.
- Language: Arabic language advanced level; English language intermediate level; Turkish basic level.
- Work Experience: A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in coordinating local staff in Syria and supervising their work.
- Education: Master degree in BA or any related field.
- Language: Arabic language advanced level; English language advanced level; Turkish intermediate level.
- Work Experience: A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in coordinating local staff in Syria and supervising their work.
Core & Technical Competencies
A. Core Competencies:
- Planning and Organizing
- Client Orientation
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Technological Awareness.
B. Supervisor/Managerial Competencies:
- Building Trust
- Managing Performance
- Empowering Others
- Experience in managing the field staff in Syria.
- Skilled communicator
C. Technical Competencies:
- § Good command of Microsoft office Excel: sorting data, if function, filters, …
- § Good command of Microsoft office Word: organizing word documents, text formatting, document layout, dealing with tables.
- § Good command of Microsoft office Powerpoint: preparing slideshows and presentations.
- § Excellent command and high degree of knowledge on the situation inside Syria and of actors and networks (LACs, LCCs, grassroots organizations).
- § Excellent command in knowledge of situation inside Syria and ability to collect information about a rapidly evolving situation.
- § Good command of humanitarian standards.
- § Good command of sphere standards.
- § Good knowledge of skype: Familiarity with advanced Skype options and tools, recording group video, conducting group trainings.
- § Good command of Kobo: familiarity with basic options of Kobo, testing tools.
- § TOT training: experience in delivering trainings through TOT techniques.