Under the guidance and supervision of the immediate supervisor (CPO Morocco) and the overall supervision of the Country Director in Rome, the Administrative Assistant provides support to administrative services ensuring high quality of work, ensures accurate, timely and properly recorded/documented service delivery in the IFAD Country Office in Rabat. The Administrative Assistant promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach.
The Administrative Assistant works in close collaboration with the Corporate Services Department as well as the Programme Management Department in IFAD HQ and staff in the Country Office to ensure consistent service delivery.
Functions / Key Results Expected: Summary of Key Functions:
- Provision of administrative and logistical support
- Provision of support to office maintenance and assets management
- Preparation of all necessary documentation, implementation of follow-up actions, drafting correspondence related to shipments/customs clearance.
- Arrangement of travel and hotel reservations, preparation of travel authorizations and security clearances.
- Support to staff members and their dependents by processing requests for visas, identity cards and other documents in accordance with requirements of the United Nations and national government.
- Administrative support to organization of conferences, workshops, retreats.
- Collection of information for DSA, travel agencies and other administrative surveys.
- Receipt, registration, scanning, filing and forwarding of incoming correspondence.
- Preparation of routine correspondence, faxes, memoranda and reports in accordance with ICO SOPs.
- Extracting, inputting, copying and filing data from various sources.
- Maintenance of files in the Office and for RMT.
- Collection of information on assets management, maintenance of records and files on assets management.
- Maintenance of files and records relevant to office maintenance.
Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the execution of the ICO administrative/logistical services in terms of quality and accuracy of work completed. Accurate data entry, presentation of information and client-oriented approach strengthens the capacity of the office in the provision of administrative/logistical services.
- Strategic thinking and organizational development: Personal influence (Level 1)
- Demonstrating Leadership: Personal leadership and attitude to change (Level 1)
- Learning, sharing knowledge and innovating: Continuously seeks to learn, shares knowledge and innovates (Level 1)
- Focusing on clients: Focuses on clients (Level 1)
- Problem solving and decision making: Demonstrates sound problem solving and decision making ability (Level 1)
- Managing time, resources and information: Manages own time, information and resources effectively (Level 1)
- Team Work: Contributes effectively to the team (Level 1)
- Communicating and negotiating: Communicates effectively: creates understanding between self and others (Level 1)
- Building relationships and partnerships: Builds and maintains effective working relationships (Level 1)
- Training and experience using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other IFAD software such as SharePoint; knowledge of integrated management information systems an asset.
- Knowledge of IFAD administrative policies and procedures will be a plus.
- Organizational, planning and prioritizing skills and abilities.
- Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with visitors;
- Sense of initiative and good judgment.
- Ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural background.
- Ability to work in a team environment to achieve common goals
- Secondary education. Secretarial Studies Diploma will be a plus
- 4 years of relevant administrative experience. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.). Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in English and in the national language of the duty station.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Female apllicants are highly encouraged
Contract Duration: Une année renouvelable