ICT OFFICER'S ROLE
This position is primarily responsible for increasing the level of automation within the business by continually identifying, developing and upgrading the ICT applications in the organization
- Identify and plan for ICT Applications services required in the organization, in collaboration with other sections and units’ heads which will subsequently contribute to the overall strategic planning.
- Undertake application root cause analysis and resolution for application problems in conjunction with the users and application suppliers.
- Work with system vendors as required to configure, customize or upgrades to existing systems in order to fit business requirements.
- Develop application and service catalogue strategies, service level agreements, test and deploy plans regularly, in collaboration with units’ heads.
- Undertake business process mapping to increase areas of automation within the business.
- Managing company database and ensuring database security policy, daily backups.
- Providing ICT application support by resolving user problems and offer help desk services.
- Maintain and update interfaces and integrations, exports and imports, data extracts, reporting functionalities and ensure their smooth running where required.
- Train and provide guidance and support for application users to ensure that the business application systems supported by the ICT are maintained to the highest possible standard to attain productivity and efficiency.
Qualifications & Experience
- A degree in Information technology, Computer Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum of three (3) years working experience.
- Technical competencies in programming languages like java, C++, python, xml, Php or any other.
- Technical knowledge in databases like, MSQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL and MySQL.
- Technical knowledge of ITIL.
- Strong understanding of business analysis.
- Experience in project management.
- Good communication and analytical skills.
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
- Creative thinking to deliver proposed solutions to meet new or changed business requirements.
- Work well in a team environment.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.