- Implementation of programme strategies.
- Coordination of the Human Rights Working Group and local implementation of UNGC Global Platforms.
- Creation of strategic partnerships with different actors and UN agencies.
- Facilitation of knowledge building and management.
- Collection, analysis and presentation of information for identification of areas for support and programme formulation/ implementation.
- Support programme execution, while also helping to ensure coordination of activities of the working groups.
- Monitor programmed initiatives, time schedules, targets and budgets, helping to ensure efficient delivery.
- Follow up the implementation of the Strategic Plan.
- Promotion of engagement of signatories on the working groups and global issue platforms.
- Support of Thematic Group: organization of calendars and meetings of the Working Groups, training workshops and events.
- Draft meeting minutes and meeting agendas of the Working Groups meetings and related reports in consultation with the Executive Secretary.
- Follow up activities and commitments derived from Working Groups deliberations.
- Coordination of the local implementation of the UNGC issue platforms, being the focal point with UNGC Headquarters, implementing action plans and follow up activities.
- Facilitate new memberships.
- Develop content related to working group thematic area.
- Management of consultants in the development of studies or other products related to the work of the working group.
- Training and capacity building of new signatories of the Global Compact.
- Dissemination of Global Compact Principles and Global Compact Issue Platforms.
- Support the UNGC missions to Brazil.
- Development of partnerships with the UN Agencies, government institutions, bi-lateral and multi-lateral donors, private sector, civil society in the specific thematic areas based on strategic goals of Global Compact Network Brazil.
- Identification of opportunities for initiation of new projects, active contribution to the overall office effort in resource mobilization.
- Liase with UNDP contacts and relationships with other UN agencies and with the Global Compact Office when required.
- Support the Executive Secretary in liaising with the Brazilian network participants, UNDP and the United Nations’ teams, and articulate initiatives with public institutions and other organizations.
- Identification of sources of information related to policy-driven issues.
- Identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learnt directly linked to programme country policy goals.
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
- Organization of meetings, events, workshops, trainings, webinars and publications of the Secretariat and of the working groups.
- Research and share papers, documents and reports on the GC principles and SDGs that are of interest to the Brazilian Network.
- Disseminate best practices and lessons learned.
- Update contents of the website of the Global Compact – Brazil.
- Provide communication materials to share information on activities and opportunities for the Brazilian Network participants.
- Develop briefs and presentation related to the working group themes.
- Review translation of GC materials for training workshops, website, and UNGC messages to Brazilian participants.
- Liaise with the UNGC on the status of GC Brazilian participants, training materials, surveys, and on relevant information to be shared with the Brazilian Network.
- Required bachelor´s degree in International Relations, Law or related areas.
- Post Graduation (Latu Sensu or Stricto Sensu) or additional 4 years of relevant experience to the post beyond the requirement.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in project management;
- Experience in management of working groups and corporate sustainability.
- Technical knowledge of Human Rights issues.
- Experience with advocacy campaigns, partnerships and resource mobilization strategies, as well as on facilitating knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, PPT, etc).
- Experience with business engagement with the Sustainable Development Goals agenda is an asset.
- Fluency in Portuguese.
- Fluency in English.
- Desirable working knowledge of Spanish
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 12 months