Do you wish to pursue an international career within the humanitarian sector? Are you keen on working in an intercultural environment? And do you want to upgrade your skills and get hands-on experience by working in a leading international organization? Then a position as an EU Aid Volunteer is your chance.
ABOUT THE EU AID VOLUNTEER INITIATIVE
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is leading an exciting new EU project aiming at recruiting and de-ploying volunteers as part of the European Union Aid Volunteers initiative. The project enables EU citizens and long-term residents in EU to get involved in international humanitarian aid projects and kick-start their career.
This is a great opportunity for professionals earlier in their career to get involved in international humanitarian aid projects and by this kick-starting an international career within the humanitarian sector. As an EU Aid Volunteer, you will be able to upgrade your skills within the field of humanitarian aid through in-depth training and hands-on field experience in a non-EU country affected by disaster.
Currently we are looking for a Human Resources Officer - Junior EU Aid Volunteer to be deployed at DRC’s Office in Tunis, Tunisia for 8 months.
To read more about the position and specific requirements please see the vacancy advert on the EU Platform.
ELIGIBILITY AND EXCEPTION CRITERIA:
Candidates applying for the EU Aid Volunteer position must be:
- An EU citizen or a long-term resident in an EU Member State. To learn more about the exact definition of long-term residency, please read here.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
Please note that candidates must be available for an EU face-to-face training from 30th June to 14th July 2019 to be considered for the position.
Additionally, all EU Aid Volunteers are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
As an EU Aid Volunteer your expenses during trainings and deployment will be covered, including travel costs, insurance, and accommodation. In addition, EU Aid Volunteers will receive a monthly sub-sistence allowance covering everyday expenses during deployment, such as food, local transportation, etc.