Pathfinder International is a global leader in sexual and reproductive health. We place reproductive health care at the center of all that we do—believing that it is not only a fundamental human right, but is critical for expanding life opportunities for women, families, communities, and nations, and paving the way for transformations in environmental stewardship, decreases in population pressures, and innovations in poverty reduction. Pathfinder provides women, men, and adolescents with a range of quality health services—from contraception and maternal care to HIV prevention and AIDS care and treatment. Pathfinder strives to strengthen access to family planning, ensure availability of safe abortion services and post-abortion care, advocate for sound reproductive health policies, and, through all of our work, improve the rights and lives of the people we serve.
The Human Resources Manager partners with the Country Representative, senior team members and Headquarters HR to develop and administer programs, procedures and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the Niger Project. S/he has full responsibility for building, enhancing and implementing initiatives in various areas of human resource management including recruitment, orientation, employee relations, employment policies/law, compensation, benefits, performance management, training and staff development. The Human Resources Manager identifies HR needs; designs and implements HR strategies and plans that meet business priorities; ensures that all HR Programs are in compliance with local legislation and Pathfinder International policies; and delivers high quality programs that result in improved performance and retention.
Recruitment & Workforce Planning
· Establish and administer an effective recruitment strategy focusing on enhancing the quality and diversity of staff.
· Partner with Project Managers to attract and select the most qualified candidates to fill open positions. Oversee a competitive and transparent recruitment process including opening of new positions, advertising jobs, screening candidates, conducting interviews, checking references, and ensuring integrity of the selection process.
· Oversee offer preparation to ensure compliance with all legal and organizational policies and procedures.
· Authorize and provide relocation assistance to new hires meeting policy criteria.
· Lead organizational workforce planning including evaluating structure, job design, and employee workflow throughout the Project. Work with Project Managers on succession planning to develop future leadership.
Compensation & Benefits
· Work with Headquarters HR on the design and implementation of an equity-based compensation program including: conducting ongoing assessments of the market, developing and maintaining salary scales, working with managers to complete their compensation related tasks within budget, supervising salary negotiations and monitoring pay practices for effectiveness and cost containment.
· Oversee the development and implementation of a local employee benefits program including: researching and establishing local benefits such as allowances, holidays, leaves, medical insurance, pension, and disability insurance; monitoring the local benefits environment for trends, options and cost savings; monitoring leaves for compliance with company policy and applicable laws; managing relationships with outside vendors; leading benefits orientations; enrolling staff in benefits; creating and sending communications; and addressing employee inquiries about the local benefits program.
New Hire Orientation
· Develop and manage activities related to the successful on-boarding and orientation of new employees to the Project including ensuring the submission of completed paperwork, announcing new employees, accommodating work needs (desk, phone computer, payroll, ID), setting up meetings to introduce new employees to key staff members, and making certain that new employees attend orientation meetings and work with their supervisors to create personal on-boarding plans.
· Develop and update the Pathfinder International Niger Personnel Handbook and ensure distribution and access to all Project staff. Partner with Project Managers to ensure fair and consistent application of policies as well as timely communication regarding policy and procedure amendments.
· Lead company compliance efforts and maintain minimal company exposure to lawsuits by monitoring new governmental laws and regulations and ensuring personnel policies conform to the Niger labor code.
· Manage performance planning and review process to ensure accountability and results-orientation. Oversee the training of supervisors, administer the annual evaluation process, and address poor performance.
Training and Staff Development
· Work with Project Management to develop and execute a strategic training plan that meets the ongoing needs of the Project.
· Manage the design, development and execution of targeted training solutions using available in-house resources and the most effective delivery methods.
· Track and measure the impact of training activities.
· Provide guidance to Project staff regarding career development and training.
· Determine and recommend employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
· Administer employee relations program including participating in proactive employee communications; providing coaching, counselling and investigative support on sensitive employee relations issues; interpreting policies and procedures; overseeing and guiding managers on the implementation of performance improvement processes; and consulting legal counsel when necessary.
· Conduct surveys and exit interviews to identify problems and solutions.
· Develop systems to maintain personnel, benefit and compensation information.
· Maintain the integrity and confidentiality of information at all times.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, business, law or related field.
· Minimum of 5 years of progressive professional Human Resources experience, with at least 2 years supervisory experience.
· Experience in the administration of compensation, benefits, employee relations, recruiting, Human Resources systems, performance management and training programs.
· Ability to understand and apply local regulations/laws to human resources.
· Solid interpersonal skills including the ability to develop strong working relationships with culturally diverse staff at all levels of the organization.
· Strong employee relations skills including the ability to coach, counsel, and motivate staff as well as handle issues and escalate as appropriate.
· Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities and multiple deadlines.
· Ability to exercise sound and timely judgment and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
· Excellent communicator with the ability to present information, make recommendations and influence positively across various levels of the organization while exercising professionalism and diplomacy to accomplish objectives.
· Excellent leadership, project management, negotiation, problem solving, analytical, decision-making, planning, time management, organizational and written communication skills.
· Ability to work independently as well as part of a team at remote locations.
· Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
· Position may require up to 10% in-county travel.
· Occasional travel to the US Headquarters may be required.
· Demonstrated proficiency in written and verbal English and French.
· Advanced degree in HR or related field preferred.
· Experience working in an international development organization a plus.
· Experience with Human Resource Information Systems helpful.
· Knowledge of USAID policies and regulations a plus. ckkf
Submit to the corresponding position at http://www.pathfinder.org/about-us/careers/employment-opportunities/
UNcareer.net - official telegram channel. International jobs and internships opportunities. Daily Update.Join Channel
UN career subscription. Get new vacancies and internships daily on your phone.Subscribe now