SI is seeking a Human Resources Intern to assist with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources and facilities functions, duties and responsibilities. The opportunity to extend an internship may be offered pending strong merit and a solid completion of tasks.
This internship is a full-time position for 3 months starting as soon as possible with the possibility of extending depending on performance. Interns are paid an hourly wage of $10/hour up to 40 hours per week.
- Setting up and maintaining employee personnel and benefit files.
- Drafting, obtaining approval, processing and tracking payroll action forms.
- Using ADP to gather relevant personnel data.
- Printing, uploading, and filing general HR documents.
- Accurate and timely scheduling of new hire orientations and team reminders.
- Assisting with onboarding and offboarding activities.
- Initiating online new hire background screening and work with team on resolution.
- Maintaining filings of invoices, carrier notices, and I-9 documents.
- Creating new hire welcome folders.
- Completing an audit on health files for domestic and expatriate staff.
- Participating in weekly HR meetings.
- Providing support to facilities management.
- Performing other human resource duties as assigned.
- Candidate for a Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, or related field.
- Prior professional office work experience required; prior work in an HR capacity is a plus.
- Proficiency with MS Office, previous experience with Outlook and SharePoint is a plus.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Exceptional attention to detail is crucial due to the administrative nature of the work.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Highly motivated, adaptable and dynamic, people person.
- Must be strong at multi-tasking and willing to work in a fast-paced environment.