Under the guidance and supervision of the HR Analyst, the HR Clerk provides support to HR services ensuring high quality of work, accurate, timely and properly recorded/documented service delivery. The HR Clerk promotes a client-oriented and consistent with rules and regulations approach in the Unit.
The HR Clerk works in close collaboration with the Programme, Operations teams and projects’ staff in the office to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
- Support to implementation of HR strategies
- Support to implementation of HR services
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Provides support to the implementation of HR strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of HR processes and records with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies
- Provision of inputs to preparation of administrative team results-oriented workplans
Implements HR services focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Preparation of draft job descriptions, vacancy announcements, compiling matrixes, performing functions of Secretary in interview panels.
- Provide support in processing of contracts and tracking of HR transactions related to positions, recruitment, benefits, earnings/deductions, retroactivity, recoveries, adjustments, absence management and separations through Atlas
- Collection of background information/ documents for submissions to the corporate review bodies
- Preparation of routine correspondence, memoranda and reports in accordance with the SOP
- Extracting, inputting, copying and filing data from various sources
- Maintenance of proper filing system for HR records and documents
Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the training for the operations/projects staff on HR
- Contribution to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the execution of the Service Centre-HR services in terms of quality and accuracy of work completed. Accurate and properly documented records enhance UNDP capability in the HR management.
- Ability to perform a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties related to human resources
- Ability to review data, identify and adjust discrepancies
- Ability to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations
- Knowledge and understanding of clerical, administrative, secretarial best practices and procedures, knowledge of office software applications relating to word processing data management presentation, ATLAS, as required
- Ability to operate and maintain a variety of computerized business machines and office equipment in order to provide efficient delivery of service
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities
- Collects and compiles data with speed and accuracy identifying what is relevant and discarding what is not, records it in an accessible manner and maintains data bases
- Thoroughly and methodically collects, verifies and records data demonstrating attention to detail and identifying and correcting errors on own initiative
- Transmits file data; creates and generate queries, reports and documents utilizing databases, spreadsheets, communications and other software packages with speed and accuracy
- Edits, formats and provides inputs to correspondence, reports, documents and/or presentations using work processing, spreadsheets and databases meeting quality standards and requiring minimal correction
- Shows sound grasp of grammar, spelling and structure in the required language
- Ensures correspondence, reports and documents comply with established UN standards
- Ability to produce accurate and well documented records conforming to the required standard
- Organises and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships
- Demonstrates ability to quickly shift from one task to another to meet multiple support needs
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients to facilitate the provision of support
- Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- 4 years of relevant administrative experience
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems
- Fluency in Kurdish and/or Arabic
- Fluency in English
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: Six Months