- Administration and implementation of HR strategies and policies
- Provision of HR services
- Staff performance management and career development
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Full compliance of records and reports with UN rules, regulations, UNDP policies, procedures and strategies; effective implementation of the internal control framework.
- CO HR business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in HR management in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management, control of workloads of the supervised staff.
- Follow up on the GSS Global Staff Survey Action Plan, PSEA Action plan and Gender Seal activities and priorities.
- Implementation of recruitment processes including drafting job description, provision of input to job classification process, vacancy announcement, screening of candidates, participation in interview panels.
- Creation/update of positions in Atlas, association of positions to chart fields (COAs), update of COA information, erforming the functions of Admin.HR, Position Administrator and Absence Processor in Atlas. Preparation of contracts (Staff, SCs) and set up payroll in Atlas.
- Timely follow up on Global payroll issues (SC/Staff/UNV).
- Input and tracking of all transactions related to positions, recruitment, benefits, earnings/deductions, retroactivities, recoveries, adjustments and separations through Atlas.
- Provision of information on benefits/entitlements to the International Staff and Experts.
- Validation of cost-recovery charges in Atlas for HR services provided by UNDP to other Agencies.
- Creation/update of positions, link of positions to COA, update of CO information can be performed by Position Administrator. Identification of job descriptions and classifications, vacancy announcements, participation in interviews, vendor set up can be performed by Admin. HR.
- Provision of HR related services to UN non-resident agencies and the RCO.
- Provision of background information and maintenance of the related data acting as focal point for PMD exercise.
- Participation in preparation of Whole Office Learning plan and individual learning plans in consultation with the Senior Management.
- Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on HR issues.
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in HR.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
The key results have an impact on the overall execution of the CO HR services and success in implementation of HR strategies and policies. Accurate analysis and presentation of financial information ensures proper HR services in the CO.
- Maintaining information and databases
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
- Basic research and analysis
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
- Documents innovative strategies and new approaches
- Fundamental knowledge of processes, methods and procedures
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
- Presentation of information on best practices in organizational change
- Documents ‘best practices’ in organizational change and development within and outside the UN system
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions
- Data gathering and implementation of management systems
- Uses information/databases/other management systems
- Provides inputs to the development of simple system components
- Maintains effective client relationships
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients
- Responds to client needs promptly
- Gathering and disseminating information
- Gathers and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems
- Prepares timely inputs to reports
- Maintains databases
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Informed and transparent decision making
- Secondary Education with specialized certification in HR.
- University Degree in HR, Business or Public Administration would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- 6 years of progressively responsible HR and/or administrative relevant experience is required at the national or international level.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and experience in handling of web based (ERP) management systems.
- Spanish Fluent and English Intermediate is required.
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension