UNV’s Management Services hold the responsibility for the strategic planning, managerial leadership, oversight and quality control of an integrated platform of operational services ensuring timely, effective and efficient delivery according to corporate performance standards and in compliance with the UN Regulations and Rules and UNDP´s accountability framework.
Under the supervision of the Human Resources Associate, the HR Assistant provides human resource services ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work. He/she also reports to the Team Leader, Capacity Development and Learning on the support to the delivery of capacity development services and learning activities for UNV staff.
The HR Assistant works in close collaboration with staff members of the different sections of UNV as well as UNDP/OHR offices in New York and Copenhagen in resolving HR-related issues and information exchange. She/he promotes a client-oriented environment and services that are consistent with rules and regulations of the Human Resources Section.
Administration and implementation of HR strategies, policies and guidelines
- Keep abreast of UNDP/OHR rules, policies, procedures and strategies;
- Interpret UNDP/OHR rules, policies, procedures and guidelines and apply them to UNV/HR business processes;
- Inform staff on UNDP/HR strategies, regulations, policies and guidelines, and the implementation of the internal standard operating procedures in UNV/HR, in consultation with the direct supervisor.
Provision of HR services
- Support recruitment processes, including vacancy announcements, screening of candidates, and compilation of documentation, and perform functions of Secretary in interview panels;
- Create/update of positions and staff data in Atlas, enter/update Charts of Accounts (COA) information, set up vendors, and perform the functions of HR, Position Administrator and Absence Processor in Atlas;
- Track all transactions related to positions, recruitment, benefits, earnings/deductions, retroactivity, recoveries, adjustments and separations through Atlas;
- Maintain UNV staffing tables;
- Collect background information for submissions to the Compliance Review Panel (CRP) and Compliance Review Board (CRB);
- Provide support in overseeing status of leave of staff and follow-up as necessary;
- Provide support in the implementation of the internship programme at UNV HQ;
- Maintain proper filing system for HR records and documents and serve as Portal/Intranet focal point for HRS.
Staff performance management, capacity development and learning
- Support the preparation and organization of the annual Talent Management Review Group (TMRG) meetings;
- Prepare, compile, monitor and report on yearly staff learning plans;
- Support to the implementation of capacity development initiatives for UNV staff;
- Prepare, plan and support the delivery of training activities and learning programmes for UNV staff;
- Perform maintenance, system administrator and user support functions for the talent, performance and learning systems and tools used by UNV;
- Provide secretarial support to the corporate Learning Team.
- Monitor expenditures and produce budget and expenditure reports on projects owned by the HRS;
- Serve as section focal point for procurement;
- Support leave management for the section.
Other related duties that may be assigned.
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Ability to persuade others to follow
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
Human Resources Management
- Knowledge of HR management issues and principles and the ability to apply them to strategic and/or practical situations
C ompensation and Benefits Management
- Ability to plan, direct, coordinate, and implement compensation and benefits plans for the organization
- Knowledge of recruiting issues, procedures, and principles and the ability to apply them to strategic and/or practical situations to secure quality candidates
- Ability to organize, record, and manage employee interactions with HR including but not limited to terminations, separations, visa management, vacancy management, HR crises
- Ability to ascertain need, plan, design, and execute training
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders and balance often contradictory expectations, building and maintaining relationships
- Ability to capture, develop, share and effectively use information and knowledge
- Secondary education;
- Specialized training/courses in business management and/or human resources;
- University degree in Business or Public Administration would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- 5 years of work experience at the national and international levels, including at least 2 years in human resources related matters or/and employment procedures and entitlements.
- Fluency in English;
- Working knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc);
- Experience in handling of ERP systems or cloud-based HR solutions, in particular for recruitment, administration of benefits and entitlements and talent management is highly desirable.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted;
- The successful candidate will hold a UNDP letter of appointment.
Contract Duration: 5 months