- Provides efficient and timely support to the implementation of HR strategies;
- Provides effective General Administration support to the office;
- Provides support to Contract Administration;
- Provides support in Budget preparations and Finance;
- Supports knowledge-building and knowledge sharing in OCHA Ukraine office.
Provides efficient and timely support to the implementation of HR strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Initiates, reviews, processes and follows-up on actions related to the administration of the unit’s human resource activities, e.g., recruitment of staff and consultants, placement, promotion, relocation, performance appraisal, job classification reviews, separation of staff members, training etc., ensuring consistency in the application of UN/UNDP rules and procedures;
- Responds to enquiries and provides information and advice to staff regarding their entitlements, administrative procedures, processes and practices, conditions of service, duties and responsibilities, and entitlements under the Staff Rules and Regulations;
- Oversees the maintenance of vacancy announcement files and keeps track of status of vacancy announcements;
- Monitors staffing table and prepare relevant statistical data/charts;
- Provides HR support to staff members in preparation and finalization of the Performance Evaluations under the overall guidance of National Administrative Officer; monitoring and reporting on the progress;
- Provides administrative support for international staff visas accreditation, UN ID cards in cooperation with UN RC/UN DSS offices;
- Performs other duties as required.
- Drafts routine correspondence to respond to enquiries in respect to relevant administrative, financial audit, personnel matters;
- Coordinates extensively with service units and liaises frequently with internal team members both at Headquarters and in the field;
- Performs other related administrative duties, as required (e.g., operational travel programme; monitoring accounts and payment to vendors and individual contractors for services; physical space planning; identification of office technology needs and maintenance of equipment, software and systems; organizing and coordinating seminars, conferences and translations);
- May be responsible for guiding, training, and supervising the work of more junior General Service staff.
- Assists in the preparation and review of financial and human resource proposals/requirements. Consolidates budget/work programme with respect to Headquarters’ budget, trust funds, grants and procurement;
- Monitors expenditures and compares with approved budget; prepares adjustments as necessary;
- Assists managers in the elaboration of resource requirements for budget submissions;
- Assists in preparation of budget performance submissions and finalization of budget performance reports, analyzing variances between approved budgets and actual expenditures;
- Co-ordinates with other finance and budget staff on related issues during preparation of budget reports.
- Assists with day-to-day administration of contracts between the UN/UNDP and external contractors for outsourced services;
- Audits the contractors' invoices against the goods and services provided by the contractor and approved by the UN/UNDP;
- Processes the payment of contractors' invoices and monitor payments;
- Prepares and processes all UN forms and permissions for contractual and work Unit, Section or Service UN staff, including: UN grounds passes, property passes, UN parking permits, swipe-card access and door keys.
- Provides of background trainings for staff on UN rules and regulations and related procedures;
- Under the guidance of National Administrative Officer assists in collecting and compiling staff training needs for the management review to ensure all staff training needs are fulfilled in line with the available budget;
- Provides support to staff on the usage of applicable Learning Management Systems and platforms; if applicable contributes to the preparation of guidelines for the usage of these systems in collaboration with OCHA ICT Associate;
- Provides support to all staff members in the training and staff development related matters;
- Actively researches and disseminates information about new and existing training and knowledge-building opportunities for staff;
- Participates in the trainings for the operations/projects staff on HR;
- Sound contributes to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Demonstrates commitment to UN’s mission, vision and values;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Is able to perform a broad range of human resources and administrative functions;
- Applies knowledge of various United Nations administrative, financial and human resources rules and regulations in work situations;
- Shows pride in work and in achievements;
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter;
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observes deadlines and achieves results;
- Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns;
- Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges;
- Remains calm in stressful situations.
- Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies;
- Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required;
- Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning;
- Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary;
- Uses time efficiently.
- Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view;
- Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems;
- Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Certification in HR and/or administration is desirable.
- 6 years of experience in administrative services, human resources, finance, accounting, audit or related area;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Experience in the handling of web-based management systems (Atlas, UMOJA) will be an asset;
- Familiarity with UN system and human resources management in particular will be an asset.
- Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian.
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension