CanDo is on a mission to enable local humanitarians to provide life-saving healthcare in communities devastated by war. We believe everyone is a humanitarian. Together we channel resources where they have the biggest impact and can save the most lives: on the front lines, in local hands.
Despite being only two years old we have successfully funded health projects and services including secondary care, psychosocial, hygiene and nutrition, benefiting over 315,000 people in war-torn Syria.
Pretty impressive, don’t you think?
If you want to be part of a dedicated team busy transforming the way the world supports war-affected communities then do not miss this amazing volunteer opportunity.
Minimum Commitment: 4 months on approx. 15 hours per week
Starting Date: ASAP
CanDo is seeking a volunteer to help improve CanDo operations in administration and Human Resources. The position will work under the direct supervision of the Head of Finance and Operations. The main responsibilities of this role will include the following:
- Assist in developing HR plans and strategies to support overall CanDo mission, vision, and social impact; including volunteer/staff recruitment and retention plans.
- Assist in developing a staff wellness program.
- Maintain personnel records like employment contracts, new hires, position changes, and holiday/sick leave requests.
- Develop and implement guidelines, employee/volunteer handbooks, and FAQ documents about CanDo policies.
- Draft volunteer/staff job descriptions, research job posting sites and best practices, publish and remove ads.
- Schedule volunteer/staff interviews and contact candidates as needed, summarize interviews and pass on to relevant Director for final interviews/decisions.
- Develop and implement staff/volunteer training content.
- Orient new staff/volunteers by providing orientation training, information packets, reviewing Foundation policies, etc.
- Assist in developing office policies and administrative organizational tools and strategies.
- Maintain organizational files and documents
Experience related to Human Resources, Administration, Operations, volunteer/staff training, etc.,
Experience and knowledge of UK Employment Law and payroll are considered a strong asset,
Experience in working with Google Drive admin suite and remote working platforms,
Strong organizational skills,
Good verbal and written communication skills,
Strong English-language writing and editing skills,
Skills in interviewing and a good judge of skill set and character.
Benefits of Volunteering with CanDo:
This is a great opportunity for those looking to gain an understanding of the humanitarian and NGO sector and contribute towards supporting into a changing model on the way funds are transformed to Local Humanitarian Organizations.
You will receive a reference letter, enabling you to obtain employment.
You will develop your technical knowledge, expand your professional network, gain valuable work experience, and hone your skills.
You will be provided with opportunities to network, make new friends, share ideas of common interest
You will have the opportunity to work flexibly, scheduling your own workload and work remotely.
You will be joining a very small, cohesive team that values hard work, fun, and above all, empathy & compassion for those in need.
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS AN UNPAID INTERNSHIP THAT THE APPLICANT CAN USE FOR SCHOOL/COLLEGE CREDITS