WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian Agency, fighting hunger worldwide. WFP has been working in Afghanistan since 1963. WFP food assistance aims to help the most vulnerable, food insecure Afghans, including women and children, as well as families affected by conflict and natural disasters. In 2017, WFP fed over 2.8 million vulnerable Afghans through various programme activities such as general distributions (food, and/or cash and voucher as the transfer modality); nutrition programmes, through targeted supplementary feeding; school take-home rations; food for assets creation, Purchase for Progress (P4P), training and capacity development activities. For more information, see wfp.org
This position is based in Faizabad Area Office. The job holders report to the Administration Associate or the designate. This job requires a good physical fit to lift and handle heavy items and work in all types of weather conditions.
To support site maintenance services in providing cleaning, laundry, basic garden maintenance, porter duties and other related manual work, to ensure WFP premises are well-organised, kept in a clean & hygienic condition and are in compliance with the established standards.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Perform basic maintenance of outdoor/indoor environments, to keep them clean, well-organised and in a good condition.
2. Provide support in loading/offloading and moving office equipment, furniture, baggage and other items for efficient site maintenance services.
3. Support preparation and delivery of food and beverages, arrange for basic refurbishment and maintenance of kitchen area and equipment to facilitate efficient service.
4. Provide laundry services including basic maintenance of related equipment, to ensure that WFP office and guesthouse items are clean.
5. Provide efficient cleaning services including kitchens and toilets to ensure clean, hygienic and well-organised working environment.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: No specific requirements. Completion of secondary school education is an advantage.
Experience: One year or more of related work experience.
Knowledge & Skills: • Knowledge of basic equipment and use of cleaning materials/solutions.
• Ability to operate and maintain equipment and supplies related to work in a good working condition.
• Ability to work in all weather conditions and meet the deadlines.
• High sense of responsibility and initiative.
• Punctuality, honesty and integrity.
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
• Ability to work in a team.
Language: Intermediate knowledge in English language. Fluency in Pashto or Dari, preferably both.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Position Title: Helper
Contract: Service Contract - SC
Duty Station/travel: Faizabad, Afghanistan
Salary: Starting at USD 7,500 net per annum
Medical Plan: International valid medical plan valid also for staff, spouse and dependents children under 18 years
Annual leave: 24 working days per annum
WFP Work Envirionment
WFP is committed to ensuring that all its workplaces are free from abuse, offensive behaviour, harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. WFP is also committed to promoting a work culture in which every employee understands, and is able to carry out, his/her personal responsibilities for maintaining the dignity of work colleagues. WFP seeks to promote gender equality and the empowerment of women. We believe our mission of fighting global hunger worldwide can only be achieved if women, men, girls and boys are offered equal opportunities in terms of access to resources and services and participation in decision making roles.
Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Wednesday, 06 June 2018
UNcareer.net - official telegram channel. International jobs and internships opportunities. Daily Update.Join Channel
UN career subscription. Get new vacancies and internships daily on your phone.Subscribe now