It is anticipated that DFID will procure services for a provider to support its UK Health Partnerships Fund (UKHPF) programme which supports the Ministry of Health and Sports (MoHS) to run from February 2020 until 2023 inclusive, contingent upon available funding.
The provider will procure technical assistance from identified UK health institutions and match them to health institutions across Myanmar that have specific, identified needs with the aim of creating long-lasting collaborative partnerships. This will be undertaken through the development of ToRs, recruitment and deployment of consultants/organisations as well as the dissemination of applicable information.
Crown Agents is seeking to establish a consultancy framework of exceptional Health Systems experts to undertake in country assessments to inform programme implementation as well as provide longer-term technical input on Terms of Reference (ToR) development and project evaluation.
The role will report to the Team Leader in country and the Programme Director based in the Crown Agents office in London and work closely with Crown Agents management and administrative teams.
This position will require a minimum of 12 working days in Myanmar as well as remote work over the life of the programme.
Tasks will be agreed with consultants directed by the needs of the programme as well as the consultants’ interests.
Expertise should include one or more of the areas of the below:
- Medical education/training – pre-service and in-service, mentoring, education/training modalities e.g. face-to-face, distance learning etc
- Strengthening Human Resources for Health – including skill & competency-building and deployment in related areas of work
- Healthcare governance – promotion of openness and accountability, medical appraisal, medical audits and clinical performance management
- Patient safety as outlined in the WHO Global Patient Safety Collaborative – leadership, education/training and research
- Infection prevention and control (IPC) – antimicrobial resistance, standardisation of IPC practices
- Safer medication practices
- Gender Equality and Social Inclusion – analysis of health workforce, access to care
- Conflict sensitivity
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning; data for decision making
- Private healthcare sector review
- Broad health system landscape review
- Mental health – access to care
- Hospital administration and health services management
- Political Economic Analysis
Reporting and Communication
- This position reports to the Team Leader and Programme Director
Fixed-term, from February 2020 anticipated to Dec 2023 (project-funding dependent)
- Master’s qualification in International Public Health, Health Services Management or related field
Skills and experience:
- Strong proven technical expertise in the field of health system strengthening
- Strong in-depth working knowledge of the health sector in Myanmar
- Minimum of 5 years relevant working experience
- Relevant technical expertise in one or more of the areas described above
- Excellent personal relationship skills.
- Computer literate; at a minimum must be able to use Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook proficiently.
- Fluent in English
You’ll be working with Crown Agents which is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise is finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change drawing on our insight and experience.
About what's on offer
Crown Agents offers a competitive benefits package.