Job Title: Head of Operations
Reports to: Country Representative
Department: EARO/South Sudan
As a member of the Country Program's (CP) Senior Management Team, you will provide leadership and management of the following operational functions - Finance, Human Resources (HR), Supply Chain Management (SCM), Administration, Information and Communication Technology, Security and Audit - in support of the Catholic Relief Services' mission to serve the poor and vulnerable. You will promote stewardship of resources, ensure principled compliance, proactively manage risk, and lead operational improvements. As part of the Senior Management Team you will proactively manage security and mitigate security risks.
* Master's degree in International Development, Business Administration, Finance or relevant field required.
* Minimum of 5 years work experience in a management position with progressive responsibilities. Experience with an international NGO and experience outside country of origin preferred.
* Additional experience may substitute for some education; additional education may substitute for some experience.
* Understanding of financial systems, including budgeting and budget/expense analysis experience. Knowledge of Oracle application or similar reporting software highly preferred.
* Champion CRS commitment to safeguarding everyone from harassment, exploitation and abuse through robust systems of prevention and response. Uphold and advance CRS South Sudan's commitment to gender equity.
Required Languages - English
Travel: Must be willing and able to travel up to 25% of the time.
* Knowledge of multiple public donors' regulations, including USAID, WFP and EC, highly preferred.
* Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment.
* Knowledge of procurement and office administration/management issues.
* Ability to represent the agency at high levels.
* Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications, and information and budget management systems.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
* Continuous Improvement & Innovation
* Builds Relationships
* Develops Talent
* Strategic Mindset
* Accountability & Stewardship
Deputy Head of Operations, Finance Manager, Human Resources Manager, Information and Communication Technology Manager and Risk and Compliance Technical Advisor.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS' processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to trea t all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.