The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Juba, South Sudan.
Welthungerhilfe’s Programme in South Sudan is focusing on the geographical areas of Northern Bahr el Ghazal, Unity and Equatorias States and aims at improving the food and nutrition security of vulnerable population, mainly smallholder farmers and internally displaced population. As Head of Logistics you will be responsible for the overall management of the Logistics Office and ensure that Welthungerhilfe’s and Donors’ logistics guidelines/policies are consistently applied within the programme.
- Manage all stages of procurement/tendering processes in accordance with Welthungerhilfe policies and procedures in a transparent, accountable, efficient and cost-effective manner
- Vehicle fleet management, ensuring usage of fuel is correctly supervised, logged and recorded. Liaise with Security Advisor on security-related transport issues
- Ensure adequate anti-fraud procedures are in place to detect and ultimately prevent loss or fraud
- Ensuring that storage facilities are fully functioning (spare parts, consumables, etc.) and are correctly managed
- Ensuring that material resources are correctly planned in agreement with the Head of Projects and the Finance Manager
- Planning and processing of local purchases, storage, transportation, distribution and use of funds, incl. documentation in accordance with Welthungerhilfe standards and the respective specifications and requirements of the project and co-financers
- Supporting Head of Projects establish financial and material requirements
- Support the proper management of field bases, establishment of new ones and closing of existing ones
- Proactively engage with suppliers, partners, local authorities, other NGOs, clusters and any other stakeholders in order to plan, organize, and schedule distribution of goods and material
- Supervising, coaching, advising and training staff in terms of project-related logistics issues
- Management of assets, inventories and equipment, including relevant communication facilities
- Planning and organising imported goods (import regulations, customs handling)
- A university or polytechnic degree in a relevant field, like logistics or development cooperation/humanitarian aid including qualifications that are commensurate with the position
- A minimum of 5 years professional experience working in developing countries
- Regional working experience in South Sudan would be a great asset
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office 2016 software package
- Co-ordination and organisation skills even under heavy work pressure
- Strong communication skills with excellent spoken and written English
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. This includes flexible working hours as well as working from home. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under "Our benefits".
*We welcome applications from all people, regardless of gender, confession, or origin. In case of equal qualification, people with disabilities will be given preferential consideration.