Do you want to be part of a collective effort to change and improve the humanitarian system, while delivering impactful humanitarian responses? Join Save the Children as Head of Start Funds (Start Programmes) and oversee all existing fund management and future funding that may come via Save the Children on behalf of the Start Network.
As Head of Start Funds, you will work with colleagues within both SCUK (Save the Children UK) and the Start Network to maintain and build relationships with Start Fund donors. You will lead the Start Funds team and ensure strong relationships between the Start Network Platform and SCUK. You will also review the funds’ performance on a regular basis and oversee adaptations in the Start Funds management procedures. In addition you will:
- Contribute to the Start Network Executive Team
- Represent the Start Funds externally to promote their value and impact
- Be accountable for all reporting to donors across all Funds
- Seek out traditional and non-traditional donors and partners
- Ensure long term sustainability of the Start Funds, including exploration of alternative approaches to financing, compliance and delivery mechanisms.
To be successful you will be an effective and confident leader with experience working in dynamic and frequently changing environments. You will have significant experience in managing large and complex programmes and a strong understanding and knowledge of international humanitarian programmes quality standards. You will have experience in UK and international humanitarian systems and emergency response operations, as well as project management and financial management skills. In addition you will have:
- Experience in planning and implementation of strategy across multiple teams in a relevant sector
- Experience in developing forward looking strategy in a changing environment and non-traditional settings
- Demonstrable experience of collaboration, including forging and maintaining effective relationships and partnerships
- Experiences of internal and external representation to donors, governments and other NGOS
- The ability to prioritise work across teams, be an effective team leader and enable team members to work independently
- A post-graduate degree in a relevant subject.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.