Advocates Abroad is currently accepting applications for the Appeals Team for Greece. The Appeals team is responsible for supporting refugee and asylum seeker clients in Greece who require assistance for first instance and second instance appeals. Training for the Appeals team and on NGO procedures is both provided and mandatory prior to commencement. This position is voluntary and unpaid.
This team produces appeal memos and supplementary evidence for clients. This team furthermore coordinate with the Advocates Abroad Psychosocial Services Team to provide support for these clients throughout the appeals procedure. This team is coordinated by the Appeals Team Coordinator, who maintains all submissions to the competent authorities and oversees the team’s drafting and translation of all appeal memos.
COMMITMENT & DURATION
The position may be filled either remotely or alongside one of the regional Advocates Abroad Greece field teams. The standard commitment is 5-15 hours per week, for a minimum duration of three months, with the possibility of extension.
Please note: The position requires a high level of reliability and responsiveness, particularly when there are multiple tight deadlines.
- Completed legal degree.
- Prior experience in appeals drafting or related legal background.
- Prior, recent experience with Greek refugee camps and volunteer networks.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and follow-through.
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Tech savvy, ability to use and learn multiple technology platforms.
- Fluency in English.