Fundación Educación y Cooperación – EDUCO Philippines is a local branch of a child-focused international development organization with head office in Spain. EDUCO places child’s rights at the core of its activities and supports local civil society organizations and government units in strengthening their capacities to guarantee the realization of children’s rights.
The Grants Specialist (GS) reports to the Strategic Partnerships & Advocacy Manager. S/he will be responsible for the proposal development process and supports Educo in building capacity in proposal development at the country level. S/he will also work closely with the Policy & Advocacy Officer to support the Unit’s advocacy efforts in the areas of: Education for All, End Violence Against Children, the Convention of the Rights of the Child, and the Sustainable Development Goals. The Grants Specialist (GS) will work closely with Educo’s, Regional Technical team, Country Office team, institutional donors and other potential national and regional partners.
Coordination. Facilitate planning and execution of proposal development activities by identifying relevant participants (country leadership, focal points, global/local communication teams), make necessary information available and coordinate related activities;
Proposal Development. Lead the proposal development process at the country level and produce competitive proposals in line with Educo’s global and country goals and ChildFund Alliance’s priorities;
Networking and Donor Relations. Increase Educo’s profile and maintain collaborative relationship with institutional, corporate and individual donors;
Knowledge management. Maintain databases of actual and potential partners, networks, and proposal leads;
Capacity Building Support. Develop and facilitate resource mobilization trainings and/or workshops for the country office staff relevant to its portfolio of activities, potential partners and funding opportunities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in International Development, Social Work, Political Science or Law is desirable. Graduates of other courses may be considered if s/he has the experience and competency requirements of the role. Master’s or Law Degree is an advantage;
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant experience in proposal development and donor relations;
- Experience working with INGOs, preferably with child-rights organizations;
- Experience on the following: donor mapping, donor engagement, project development and award management; developing and winning proposals in Education, Child-Protection, Governance and DRR; developing staff capacity;
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural communication skills, excellent oral, written, editorial and presentation skills;
- Ability to differentiate priorities, execute intended activities on time and in collaboration with others;
- Able to work with stakeholders at all levels and inspire people to support Educo’s advocacy; able to work as a team member; good coordination and negotiation skills.
- Experience using international human rights law for human rights advocacy
- Experience of working in an international context, at least in Asia with strong portfolio in the Philippines
We are offering:
- A fixed-term contract for one (1) year, subject for evaluation after six (6) months, with possibility of extension to a probationary and subsequently a regular contract. To start immediately.
- A competitive compensation and benefit package