Position: Grants Manager
Starting date:** ASAP, 12 months with possibility of extension
Country Programme: Syria Base - Erbil, Iraq
Line Manager: Head of Programmes
About the mission:
PIN has been working in Northern Syria since 2012, providing emergency relief and early recovery support to conflict-affected communities. Programmes for conflict-affected communities in Syria focus mainly on Emergency Food Assistance, WASH, and Education, in addition to Early Recovery and Livelihoods activities. PIN’s contribution to the Syria humanitarian response is amongst the largest, with an annual turnover of over $30 million, engaging over 350 full- time staff members across Northern Syria and cross-border response hubs in neighbouring countries.
About the role:
With guidance and supervision from the Head of Programmes, the Grants Manager will be responsible for the overall coordination of all proposal development and reporting across PIN’s Syria response. S/he will lead the grants unit (comprised 1 grants officer) in developing quality reporting and proposal products, and ensuring information sharing and archiving to facilitate capturing of lessons learned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting & Grants Management
- Ensure regular updating of reporting and compliance guidelines for key donors outlining requirements for programme implementation, procurement and distribution, information collection and storage, and reporting;
- Act as overall supervisor and quality assurance for collection, compilation, review, quality control and editing of both quantitative and qualitative donor, internal and cluster reporting, with support from grant officer;
- Ensure that all reports are in-line with relevant donor requirement in terms of structure and content, including with regards to mainstreaming issues, including protection, gender, do no harm and conflict sensitivity;
- Supervise the grants officer to maintain an internal tracking database of donor, internal and cluster reporting timelines, and ensure that the grants unit coordinates with Programme Managers, and the M&E team to ensure that appropriate data collection and compilation take place on schedule;
Proposal Development Coordination
- With support from HoP, lead the grants unit and Senior Management Team (SMT) in the development of concept notes, proposals and situation analyses – coordinating the development process with all relevant departments (programmes, M&E, finance, logistics, HR), including designing logical frameworks, setting realistic and measureable targets, and developing narrative proposals & budgets;
Information sharing /data collection;
- Ensure comprehensive grant files and donor guidelines and resources are maintained up to date and are available for use
- In coordination with the HoP, lead quarterly review processes for all grants to assess progress against plans, lessons learned, and identify core action points for implementation.
Suitable candidates for this position should possess:
- At least 3-years’ experience of working within a humanitarian and/or development organization;
- Demonstrated experience in leading the coordination of successful multi-million dollar proposals to key institutional donors, including ECHO/EC, USAID (FFP, OFDA), DFID, and SDC;
- Demonstrated experience in leading interim and final reporting to the core donors outlined above;
- Strong grasp of all stages of programme cycle management and quality standards in humanitarian programming;
- Experience of working in complex and volatile contexts (familiarity with the humanitarian context in Syria is an advantage);
- Strong organizational, critical analysis and problem solving skills;
- Excellent communication skills, including fluent spoken and written English, including exceptional report writing and editing skills.
People in Need offers:
- Working environment in a well-established and growing humanitarian organization;
- Salary and benefits according to PIN salary scale and HR policies, expected starting salary at 3,000 EUR (before taxation, per diems included);
- 25 days of paid leave annually;
- Reimbursement of travel expenses with travel to the country of residence once per every 6 months of completed work;
- Reimbursement of costs of visas and vaccinations; assistance with visa application procedure;
- Accommodation in PIN’s guesthouse on PIN’s expenses;
- Free medical helpdesk and psychological consultation available online; travel health insurance.