SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has over 1250 staff in more than 25 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.
In its new Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV will more explicitly aim for systems change during project preparation and implementation - by strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects. We will continue to position ourselves as a premium organisation and invest in making knowledge flow to and from the frontline.
For more information on SNV, visit our website: www.snv.org
SNV’s WASH sector is technically steered by two Global Sector Coordinators to:
(1) strengthen SNV’s global position
(2) develop new business for SNV
(3) provide technical oversight to SNV’s WASH programmes
(4) provide support to selected SNV projects as per project contracts
(5) lead SNV’s thematic team(s), developing and improving our approaches
(6) maintain and expand SNV’s relations and partnerships with key sector players.
This position reports to the Managing Director WASH and works in close collaboration with the Global WASH Sector team, Country Directors, Country Sector Leaders, and the Marketing and Business Development team.
Duties and Responsibilities
The selected candidate will be responsible for the following tasks:
· Leading global WASH strategy development with a focus on sustainable results in area-wide inclusive basic services in rural and urban areas;
· Ensuring high quality delivery of ongoing projects by supporting and coaching country teams;
· Securing new business for SNV by providing sector information, market and donor intelligence, supporting proposal development, and conducting proposal technical quality reviews;
· Designing and developing new programmes and projects relating to WASH by initiating and technically leading new donor proposal development;
· Supporting SNV’s WASH projects in close collaboration with the project managers by delivering short-term support for improvements and or providing technical assistance on the implementation of ongoing projects;
· Maintaining and expanding SNV’s relations and strategic partnerships in the WASH sector;
· Preparing, maintaining and updating the knowledge agenda, capturing lessons learnt including collection and dissemination of knowledge products to stimulate internal and external knowledge exchange and initiate global learning;
· Building, maintaining and utilising networks and relationships with relevant stakeholders e.g. companies, research institutions, universities, donors, etc.
· Representing SNV at key international events;
· Providing sector content to SNV’s Marketing and Business Development team;
· Undertaking frequent travel to projects.
· Master’s Degree in a relevant discipline
· Proven track record with over 12 years of senior experience in the sector in multiple developing countries, including long-term advisory work in-country and knowledge development;
· Solid expertise and experience in WASH with a focus on quality and driving for continuous improvement in the sector;
· Excellent track record in advisory work related to WASH service delivery, gender and social inclusion, WASH governance and regulation;
· Proven ability and experience of mobilising resources;
· Credible international track record and expertise in designing and implementing programmes;
· Excellent social and networking skills, ability to engage with governments and the private sector including influencing skills and experience of working effectively in a matrix organisation;
· International network within the WASH sector is strongly desirable;
· Sound experience within knowledge development, organisational learning and innovation;
· Entrepreneurial, result-oriented and driver for change;
· Visionary and able to strategically inspire and energise teams;
· Ability to coach, lead, stimulate, and inspire professionals in a development context;
· Proficiency in both written and spoken English is required. Proficiency in French is desirable.
This is a full-time position with the successful candidate being contracted on a two-year basis with the possibility of renewal. Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
Information Duty Station: To be discussed - some flexibility
Travel time: 30-50%
Working at SNV
SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. Our staff benefit from, and contribute to, an internal global network of WASH experts. For more information, please visit our website: www.snv.org
How to Apply
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV and letter of motivation before Friday 1st March 2019.
Please submit your application via SmartRecruiters. All information will be in the strictest confidence. We will revert to you as soon as feasible when we have reviewed your application.
We will require that you provide us with full details of three people who are willing to act as a referee. We will not contact these referees without your explicit permission.
Should SNV wish to proceed with your application, two interviews with the Selection Committee will take place.
- We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement -