UCP Wheels for Humanity
Founded in 1996, UCP Wheels for Humanity (UCP Wheels) increases access to mobility and improves quality of life for children and adults with physical disabilities in developing countries. Our mission is to promote greater inclusion for people with disabilities globally, through mobility, therapy, advocacy and empowerment.
UCP Wheels is currently implementing government and foundation-funded programs in Indonesia, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Dominican Republic, Nicaragua, Ukraine, Tajikistan and China and provides technical assistance in other countries to partners on an as-agreed basis.
The USAID-funded CLASP II project is the second phase of the successfully completed CLASP, which resulted in the establishment of a user-friendly distribution system that enables suppliers, service provider organizations, and buyers to deliver mobility devices that best suit users’ individual needs faster and more efficiently. The goal of CLASP II is to improve the availability of and access to appropriate assistive technology in less resourced settings and to promote quality service provision through the following objectives:
· Streamline and expand business operations to approach sustainability
· Provide assistive technology through qualified CLASP Service Partners and other service providers
· Expand the CLASP product range and industry collaboration
Position Summary and Responsibilities:
UCP Wheels seeks a full time Global Sales Manager to join our CLASP project (Consolidating Logistics for Assistive Technology Supply & Provision).
The Global Sales Manager position on the CLASP team will be responsible for expanding and penetrating key markets with our catalog of assistive technology. We are looking for an international sales manager with proven sales success, located anywhere in the world, to manage all sales agents and their sales results. The successful candidate understands the International NGO sector, the assistive technology industry, global stakeholders, and how to develop in-country partnerships in order to secure government tenders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop and apply methods that track field sales agents’ sales activities, assess gaps and provide tools and techniques to improve outcomes in order to meet CLASP sales targets
· Design and meet or exceed monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals with the CLASP sales team focused on the following target buyers: NGOs, INGOs, Governments, Faith Based Organizations, Service Organizations, Foundations, Distributors and others
· Identify new business opportunities and new markets as well as strategies to expand existing markets
· Develop and manage a powerful, results-oriented sales team
· Develop and maintain positive professional relationships with prospects, customers, strategic partners and other CLASP team members
· Represent CLASP in a positive and professional manner to enhance the brand, sales and customer satisfaction in person, via skype, telephone or e-mail
· Attend Tradeshows and conferences as requested by CLASP management and keep abreast of current trends and events in the sector
· Monitor the sales activity reports that are uploaded daily to the CLASP digital archive as a tool to manage your sales team for results
· Participate with CLASP Management and Marketing to develop sales, pricing and marketing strategies
Qualifications and Experience:
· 5+ years of combined field sales and sales management experience on a global level, preferably in the assistive technology sector
· Fluency in English required, proficiency in a second language Arabic, Spanish or French preferred
· Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as negotiating skills
· Ability to travel globally and to work independently from a home office environment
· Deductive reasoning, problem solving and decision making skills
· Strong organizational skills, including multi-tasking and time-management
· Comfortable and confident in meetings, on the phone, on skype to mid- and senior-level management
· Good computer skills (MS Office suite, CRM software, Skype, QB Enterprise Manufacturing a plus)
· Self-motivated, self-directed
· Experience managing multisite teams in various time zones, cross culturally
Compensation type: Salaried, plus commission, paid semi-monthly
Benefits: Health, dental and life insurance, vacation, sick and personal paid time off