Role & Responsibilities
To consolidate the Global Cash Adviser role in GSO, to work in close collaboration with specifically CVA (Cash & Voucher Assistance) focused staff as well as across the organisation to enable necessary CVA advice and support is provided to all country programmes and Global-ERT, both for the field and GSO. To take a leading role in implementing Medair’s Innovation strategy and provide increased capacity for coordination of humanitarian innovation across Medair’s programming.
Working as an important member of a diverse team who are committed to serve the world’s most vulnerable with practical and compassionate care, the Global Cash & Humanitarian Innovation Adviser will support increasing the efficient and effective operations of Medair’s work.
Workplace & Conditions
Medair Global Support Office, Lausanne, Switzerland, with up to 4 weeks field visits.
· Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
· For more senior / technical roles, some other nationalities may be eligible to apply.
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
May 2019. Full time, open-ended contract.
Key Activity Areas
Cash - Technical strategic effectiveness
· Support and give directions to Medair’s existing and emerging cash-based programming, including identifying technical expertise and ways of working.
· Capacity build colleagues with advice including mentoring, accompaniment, induction and briefing.
· Provide organisational strategic guidance in cash programming expertise, niche and effectiveness.
· Continuously develop personal technical expertise.
· Enable Medair to become more effective at cash programming funding including internal fund allocation and external fundraising and by working in consortia and private sector.
Cash - Technical Learning & Quality improvement
· Build an evidence-base of good practice, including through writing or capturing case studies & recommending, undertaking or commissioning evaluations, cost benefit analyses.
· Relational mentoring of a network of colleagues to build a community supporting cash based programming to jointly capture case studies of good practice.
· Participate in and sharing learning with other relevant communities of practice.
· In collaboration with Medair’s Sector Advisors, embed Medair’s quality standards within cash based programming and take ownership of any Quality Standard directly relating to this technical specialism.
· Monitor and disseminate learning from external practice.
Cash - Representation & Communication
· Maintain a corporate overview of technical practice across the country programme teams in order to communicate good practice internally and externally.
· Represent Medair in CaLP and the Global Cash Working Group (Geneva).
· Develop and lead a strategy on innovation for Medair globally.
· Advise and leverage the technical innovative aspects of Medair projects, which will include Satellite imagery, UAVs, Impact Apps for Smart Phones etc.
· Provide a coordination role to cover the implications of such innovations across all departments.
· Develop new relationships with donors that may support innovation within Medair’s portfolio.
· Develop guidance for staff to identify opportunities for innovation and funding to support it.
· Monitor and evaluate the benefits of new programme-related technology adopted by particular country programmes and ensure that the benefits can be shared with other countries.
· Further develop and monitor metrics for innovation activities from a country and project perspective.
· Provide timely advice to field staff, and fundraising focused HQ staff on innovation aspects of assigned projects at all key stages of the project management cycle.
· Improve coherence between innovation projects across Medair country programmes.
· Maintain and strengthen regular communication and exchange of information between HQ and Field innovation-related staff.
· Continue to be informed and inform each other of current best practice/ research/ academic and innovation issues, techniques, and equipment to inform and improve programming.
· Develop training plans for basic cash knowledge e.g. CaLP levels I and II, Disaster Ready, ICRC but also developing internal training / self-learning course material.
Team Spiritual Life
· Reflect the values of Medair with staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
· Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
· Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
· University degree. Masters degree in humanitarian-related field desirable.
· Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written). French and Arabic is desirable.
Experience / Competencies
· Three years professional experience at management level with at least six months working on humanitarian cash programming and six months on ‘innovation’ in a fragile State.
· Experience in project design and monitoring; and evaluation of humanitarian projects.
· Experience of designing and implementing CTP related projects.
· Knowledge and understanding of humanitarian and donor standards related to CTP.
· Experience in designing market assessments, accountability and beneficiary feedback systems.
· Demonstrated ability to work across institutional boundaries and teams in an effective way.
· Training and coaching skills. Excellent communication skills. Strategic, problem solver, dynamic, mature.
· Creative, open-minded, flexible, self-learner, self-motivated, energetic, hard-working, servant-hearted.
This vacancy is archived.
UNcareer.net - official telegram channel. International jobs and internships opportunities. Daily Update.Join Channel
UN career subscription. Get new vacancies and internships daily on your phone.Subscribe now