UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a fair chance
UNICEF has been an active partner of the Government of the Philippines and civil society in realizing the rights of every Filipino child, in line with priorities to achieve the Millennium Development Goals. UNICEF efforts have been focused on the most vulnerable regions identified by the Government of the Philippines Development Plan, particularly in the regions of Visayas and Mindanao. To ensure that interventions are sustainable and scaled up, UNICEF will support primarily local government units (LGUs) as the main instruments of delivering services and building systems. The level of engagement with government institutions will take into account capacities, economies of scale and sector issues.
It has a field office in Cotabato City, the second largest city in Mindanao, southern Philippines, with some 300,000 population. The city is the regional administrative centre of the Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao and over 80 percent of the population is Muslim. Mindanao is both conflict-affected and prone to frequent earthquakes and typhoon storms.
Visit this link for more information on Philippine Country Office: https://www.unicef.org/philippines/
How can you make a difference?
The FR Specialist will be primarily responsible for providing leadership and strategic guidance in the areas of private sector fundraising from individual donors and strengthening operational systems and mechanisms that will enhance UNICEF’s strategic private sector Individual Fundraising. Additionally, the post holder will provide leadership and guidance to the Individual Fundraising team in core and technical competency development, training and capacity building of Individual Fundraising staff. The role is also responsible for facilitating and supporting cross-sectional collaboration between fundraising, advocacy and programs in key areas of synergy related to advocacy, messaging and communications with the public, in line with UNICEF’s brand and promoting UNICEF’s mission and mandate for children.
Under the direct Supervision of the Chief of Private Fund Raising, the post shall undertake the following:
1. Lead the long-term strategic planning, development and implementation of Individual Fundraising activities within the country in order to optimize fundraising and revenue potential, with a key focus on optimizing and developing pledge acquisition channels and improving pledge retention and life time value (LTV).
2. Develop an annual work plan and budget for individual donors. Monitor and facilitate the implementation of Individual Fundraising strategies, work-plans and donor reporting and analysis to achieve targets.
3. Strategically plan and manage the individual donor investment funds throughout the planned period.
4. Develop and oversee internal and external suppliers and partners (agencies, suppliers’ banks etc.) to ensure that processes are streamlined, effective and assisting the overall aim to grow income and to promote excellence in briefings and campaigns to the satisfaction of internal and external parties thereby protecting and promoting the UNICEF brand.
5. Maintain intelligence on latest developments in the market, including successful techniques being used by commercial and non-profit organizations to acquire customers / donors and maximize LTV, and the plans and activities of competitors.
6. Ensure that global PFP policies and guidelines are adhered to and implemented, provide proper management of Individual Fundraising team to ensure “back-end” and operational areas of work are able to keep up with the new initiatives and plans.
7. Provide regular reports to the Chief of PFP, RSC Bangkok and PFP Geneva on targets and KPIs.
8. Provide leadership and oversight for the Individual Fundraising team to enhance the implementation of the strategic plan and lead the training and capacity development of the team.
9. Review and evaluate staff performance in the Individual Fundraising team, through robust and timely monitoring and to recommend changes and adjustments to plans as needed.
10. Champion the UNICEF brand in coordination with Advocacy & Communications section, where individual donor fundraising is involved, to ensure advocacy and messaging is consistent and strategic.
11. Attend relevant workshops and meetings both internationally, regionally and nationally as required.
12. Keep up to date with PFP individual donor guidelines and best practice to ensure all global best practice and key learnings are utilized where relevant in Philippine individual donor fundraising.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…*Advanced University degree in any of the following: Business, Marketing, Management, Communication, Arts, Social Sciences, International Relations, or a related field. Additional professional qualifications in fundraising and/or marketing and/or sales, and/or communication, would be an asset.
*A first level university degree in combination with additional 3 years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.Minimum of eight years of relevant and progressively responsible professional work experience in managing a fundraising program together with proven track record in driving income growth; equivalent marketing and/or sales experience in a commercial context will be considered as qualifying experience. Significant experience of managing teams to deliver on financial outcomes. Familiarity with various Individual Fundraising/marketing techniques– e.g. direct mail, face-to-face fundraising / sales, telephone fundraising / marketing, digital fundraising /marketing; experience in dealing with suppliers and external agencies. Knowledge of, and experience in, Individual Fundraising is advantage, as is knowledge of, and experience in, as well as experience of working in international organizations. Experience in commercial direct marketing and communications, or Individual Fundraising, would be an asset. Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset. Experience working in a developing country is considered as an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The competencies required for this post are:Leading and Supervising [ I ] Formulating Strategies and Concepts [ II ] Analyzing [ III] Relating and Networking [ II ] Deciding and Initiating Action [ II ] Applying Technical Expertise [ III ]
View our competency framework athttp://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/UNICEF_Competencies.pdf
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates are requested to complete an online candidate profile in http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/ by 25 January 2019. Only applications sent through the e-recruitment portal under Job Number: 519101will be considered.
All candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, and the duly filled P 11 form which can be downloaded from our website at http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/P11.doc indicating three (3) previous supervisors.
By applying through our Talent Management System (TMS) you agree to our privacy statement which is in line with the Philippines’ Data Privacy Act. You are strongly advised to read carefully through the privacy statement before submitting your application.
Only shortlisted consultants will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
This vacancy is archived.
UNcareer.net - official telegram channel. International jobs and internships opportunities. Daily Update.Join Channel
UN career subscription. Get new vacancies and internships daily on your phone.Subscribe now