- The FSL program manager is considered the technical lead for the JAM South Sudan Food Security &
- Livelihoods program in terms of planning, implementation and results measuring actions that include
- and not limited to designing new Projects, technically overseeing all sectoral interventions and activities
- in adherence with set guidelines and standards. He/she works under the supervision of Programs Manager
- and participates effectively in the FSL Programs Strategy Plan improvement as a member of the
- Programs team.
Areas of Responsibilities:
Programme(s) Designing & Planning:
- Under the supervision of Programs Manager and in coordination with other Sectoral Leads, the FSL
- Manager is expected to: Contribute to situation/response analysis and development of food security and livelihoods strategy
- documents & sector response plans.
- Contribute in assessing and analyzing general and multi-sectoral humanitarian needs.
- Along with other Programs team members and in a cooperative manner, work to develop and update Programs Strategic Plan.
- Contribute to programme design and proposal development.
- Develop appropriate targeting criteria and mechanisms to ensure the needs of identified vulnerable groups are met.
FSL Program Management:
- Report the humanitarian needs and provide clear and detailed recommendations for FSL interventions
- required for responding to these needs.
- Create budgets and implementation plans, M&E and indicator tracking plans for all awarded grants
- Manage FSL team and ensure that staff have work-plans in place and follow up the FSL project(s)
- team members regularly to ensure that activities are on track.
- Prepare timely programme and donors reports on project activities in compliance with internal JAM
- requirements and any relevant external donor requirements.
- Work closely with the HR team to identify FSL staffing needs and support recruitment of FSL posts.
- Identify FSL programme supply needs and coordinate with the logistics/procurement team to put in place an appropriate procurement plan
- Ensure that activities are completed within the specified timeframe and to acceptable levels of technical and programme quality.
- Ensure all reporting obligations are met
- Lead any FSL technical needs assessments during project proposal development and inception phases.
- Support field teams in collaboration with the M&E to analyze data from needs assessments and provideevidence-based justifications
- Undertake regular field/onsite visits to ensure technical support to project staff and proper monitoring of the activities’ implementation in area of operation.
Capacity Building & Organizational Learning:
- In collaboration with the M&E team the FSL Program Manager is responsible for monitoring the
- impact of the project, support decision making and promote learning through documentation of best
- practices and follow up of necessary adjustment.
- Support the M&E team to identify learning and training opportunities for staff and partners and work as a mentor and role model for less experienced staff.
- Take steps to document lessons learned, from FSL programme, for wider dissemination.
FSL Program Representation:
- Represents JAM SSD in external program-based events and meetings at national level especially at
- the FSL cluster and any other humanitarian plans/strategy preparation meetings.
- Languages: English is essential
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to work and stay in difficult field conditions and deliver.
- Detailed orientated with the ability to oversee projects from origin through execution.
- Willingness to learn and ability to conceive JAM’s vision and passion.
- Strong and effective communications, both oral and written.
- Ability to work under pressure and flexible to work late hours to meet deadlines.
- Ability to inspire, encourage, train and motivate your colleagues
- A degree in Agronomy, Rural development, Social Economics or other related professional
- field; a master’s degree an added advantage
- Strong technical background and experience in agricultural production and marketing.
- At least 5 years overseas experience in managing development programs including Technical
- Food Security expertise;
- Good understanding of donor compliance and reporting mechanisms (UN Agencies,
- USAID, EU etc.) is an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience of best practice in program design, monitoring and evaluation with documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Experience of working in remote locations;
- Good negotiations and communication skills; excellent writing skills
- Experience of mentoring, supporting and training staff;