As part of their long-term strategy, We are building regional hubs of technology specialists to service their global IT needs. This role is part of the Nairobi technology hub focused on delivering a global service to all Save the Children countries. The Nairobi team will be responsible for developing and maintaining the Finance Management System (FMS) implemented on Agresso.
The FMS System Administrator will be responsible for developing and maintaining existing & new modules of the Finance Management System (FMS) implemented on Agresso. The primary focus will be on implementing new functionality in the FMS system, as directed by the SCI global strategy. The role will also be responsible for being part of the 2nd & 3rd line support queue, helping support analysts to resolve problem, which require source code analysis, or advanced business knowledge. The FMS System Administrator may be required to deputise for the Senior FMS System Administrator /FMS Integration Engineer when (s)he is out of the office, along with other FMS Administrators in other regions.
The FMS System Administrator will work closely with country, regional and centre based finance teams to provide reporting and analytical information to assist in the running of an efficient and effective finance global function. The FMS System Administrator will work with the FMS Technical Architect and other FMS Administrators in other locations to provide a reliable, scalable and performant Agresso system to all SCI countries and those members that participate in the shared service. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Contract Duration: 2 years renewable.
Staff reporting to this post: None
Budget Responsibilities: None
Nationality: Kenya Nationals Only.
Qualifications and Experience
* Strong understanding of the business processes of a financial Management systems preferably an ERP
* Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field such as IT, Finance, Mathematics (candidates without such qualifications will be considering if they can demonstrate appropriate technical skills as shown in the experience and skills section)
* Experience of solving complex business and technical issues through trouble shooting and analysis, defining a clear way forward and ensuring buy in
* A desire to work on an enterprise level ERP / finance system based on the Microsoft stack (Windows Server, .NET, SQL Server, IIS)
* Ability to explain complex technical and non-technical information in a succinct and compelling manner to all levels of seniority
* Strong Excel skills
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Commitment to Save the Children values
* Proven technical skills in a mainstream programming language, or database system (cross training will be provided if required)
* Proven experience in implementing and managing Agresso applications
* Good T-SQL language skills
* Experience with any of the following Agresso modules: Financials, Project Costing & Billing, Inventory Accounting, Accounts Payable, Planner, Workflow
* Track record of administering & supporting applications in a complex global organization
* Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
* Experience of exposure to the non-for-profit sector and/or developing countries
Save the Children in a federated Membership based organization employing approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in 117 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the rights of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
How to Apply
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process, nor request for medical examination or records and does not act through recruitment agents whatsoever.