- To undertake a variety of accounting duties in the areas related to purchase of goods, administrative and third party service provider payments; maintain and update accounting records; maintain sound accounting/internal controls; prepare accounting and other reports; carry out administrative functions, as required.
Accounting Transactions and Controls
- Performs accurate and timely payment processing of goods purchased, administrative expenses including third party service providers using the Oracle Applications ensuring compliance with all relevant ADB policies and procedures.
- Prepares periodical reconciliation and/or analysis of the assigned responsibility accounts accurately and timely; undertakes initial investigation of discrepancies or unusual items and propose necessary corrective actions for review by the National Staff / Financial Control Specialist; follow-up all reconciling and outstanding items promptly for clearing.
- Assists in the preparation of data to facilitate the establishment of monthly, quarterly and year-end accruals for all relevant cost centers and coordinates with other departments/offices/field offices on relevant matters for review and approval of Financial Control Specialist in charge.
- Contributes in the preparation of accounting and other reports, as required, under supervision of a senior local staff, ensuring that reported amounts are consistent with control accounts and that they are produced in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensures the accuracy and reliability of related systems; participates in system implementation and enhancements; coordinates system related problems with OIST through the coordinating Financial Control Specialist
- Coordinates, provides and obtains required information in a tactful manner and according to established procedures.
- Performs any other assignments as required, including the preparation of draft memoranda and external correspondence for supervisors' review; assists in maintaining and updating of all files, logging of documents.
Application of Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Deals with routine queries and correspondence in accordance with procedures
- Proactively seeks relevant development opportunities and submits for approval
- Produces summaries and frameworks by collecting and analyzing diverse information
- Adjusts style and approach to respect and serve different clients
- Conveys messages by asking questions and using different approaches
- Identifies when a client issue requires escalation
- Responds to clients without prompts or reminders from senior colleagues
Achieving Results and Problem Solving
- Proposes solutions to minimize delays and setbacks in completing work
- Reviews all task objectives and achieves core deliverables
- Uses time management and organizational skills to promptly complete work to the required standard
- Delivers beyond the stated task objectives
- Consistently works effectively with individuals of different views, culture, nationality, gender, and age
- Consistently seeks assistance when requirements are unclear
- Provides timely updates on relevant information
- Freely shares and seeks useful knowledge and to complete work
Communication and Knowledge Sharing
- Uses effective written and oral communication in preparing documents, presentations and interactions
- Asks questions to understand how to follow up on feedback
- Locates relevant information to expedite workflow
Innovation and Change
- Adopts new policies, systems and processes in a timely fashion
- Shares ideas for how work can be completed more effectively
- Bachelor's degree in Accountancy
- Certified Public Accountant
- Suitability to undertake the responsibilities mentioned above at the required level.
- At least 3 years of accounting experience, preferably in a computerized environment, in a large organization.
- Detailed understanding of the relevant business processes and guidelines and their importance in the overall function of the work area.
- Good understanding of internal control concept, accounting policies, practices and systems, and general policies, procedures, guidelines and reporting requirements prevalent in multilateral institutions.
- Proficient with computer software in common use at the Bank, particularly MS Excel and Word, and large accounting software (e.g. Oracle ERP).
- Analytical and systematic, with strong numerical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written skills in English.
- Ability to plan and coordinate schedules to meet deadlines.
- Supervisor: Designated International Staff and/or National Staff
We encourage diversity in our workforce and support an inclusive work environment