CAMRIS is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve development outcomes. We apply a customized, customer-centric business approach to offer greater value to our clients.
CAMRIS seeks a Financial Analyst for the upcoming USAID/Ukraine’s Monitoring and Learning Support (MEL) Activity. This will be a five-year activity to holistically assist USAID Ukraine and Belarus in its overall monitoring, and its collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA) needs over the implementation of its five-year 2018-2023 Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) with an expected start date in 2019. The USAID MEL mechanism has two key performance objectives:
* Implementing the mission-wide Performance Management Plan (PMP) which includes monitoring strategic progress, project performance, programmatic assumptions, and operational context; evaluating performance and impact; and learning and adapting from evidence; and
* Supporting the ongoing Mission monitoring and learning needs, particularly key processes and systems that may be updated, improved, consolidated; and robust Mission capacity to sustain best practices.
* Ensure compliance and consistency with CAMRIS policies and procedures, as well as compliance with the terms and conditions of USAID contracts and agreements.
* Analyze and present financial reports, budget to actual expenditure information and monthly and annual financial statements in an accurate and timely manner to HQ.
* Oversee all financial and project accounting and reporting.
* Maintain records and accounts of daily transactions, ensuring accuracy and completeness of files and supporting documentation to serve as evidence of transactions.
* Prepare and submit reports and required documentation in compliance with local government laws.
* Ensure cost consciousness in collaboration with the Chief of Party.
* Provide assistance to program staff and project budget preparation, as needed.
* Process cash disbursements in accordance with financial management policies and established approvals.
* Assist CAMRIS HQ with monthly yearly reconciliations, VAT reimbursements, inventory lists, etc.
* Manage all matters related to project operations and administration including all project human resources.
* Maintain long and short term personnel and consultant files.
* Provide recruitment and orientation to staff and consultants.
* Work closely with CAMRIS HQ to purchase and/or maintain adequate health and other insurance policies, etc.
* Manage office space leases to ensure compliance with payments and requirements.
* Ensure organization of financial and administrative files.
* Carry out any other tasks as assigned by the Chief of Party or CAMRIS HQ as requested.
* Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required, an advanced degree is preferred.
* Minimum of eight years of related sector work experience in international development project financial and administrative leadership roles.
* Demonstrated knowledge of United States Government financial rules, regulations, policies, and procedures as they relate to project and program compliance and reporting,
* Excellent writing and presentation ability, with demonstrated experience working constructively with high-level government counterparts.
* Knowledge of USAID rules, regulations, and procedures.
* Experience with Ukrainian labor codes, rules and regulations is required.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required.
* Experience with oversight over large international development project budgets.
* Fluency in English, Ukrainian, and/or Russian is highly preferred.