- Effective and accurate financial resources management and oversight of the CRGE Facility;
- Implementation of CRGE Facility operational strategies and procedures;
- Manage the CRGE budget and organize an optimal cost-recovery system;
- Control of CRGE Facility accounts;
- Control of CRGE Facility cash management;
- Facilitation of knowledge building and sharing.
- Financial analysis and oversight for all resources and provision of high-quality professional advice to the management;
- Liaison with donors and Implementing Partners on all finance related matters;
- Proper planning, expenditure tracking and audit of financial resources, including extra-budgetary income in accordance with the financial management rules and regulations;
- Organization and oversight of the cash management processes, including liquidity management, recommendation of imprest level, risk assessment, bank relationship management, timely accounting and reconciliation of all transactions, security for cash assets on site;
- Monitoring of financial exception reports for unusual activities, transactions and investigation of anomalies or unusual transactions. Provision of information to supervisors and other staff on the results of the investigation when satisfactory answers are not obtained;
- Oversight of financial resources management that are disbursed to regional bureaus as well as federal implementing entities;
- Manage the finance team to deliver an effective management and oversight of all resources;
- Develop annual plan for the finance team and ensure the implementation of planned activities.
- Full compliance of financial activities, financial recording/reporting system and audit follow up with the appropriate rules, regulations, policies and strategies; implementation of the effective internal control, proper design and functioning of the financial resources management system;
- Coordinate with Inspection directorate and ensure timely internal audits for all programs;
- Carry out finance business processes mapping and elaboration/establishment of internal standard operating procedures and control of the workflows in the CRGE Facility;
- Continuous analysis and monitoring of the financial situation, presentation of forecasts for financial resources;
- Elaboration of the framework and conditions of contribution in resource mobilization efforts;
- Elaboration and implementation of cost saving and reduction strategies;
- Routinely monitors financial exception reports for unusual activities, transactions, and investigates anomalies or unusual transactions. Informs supervisors and other staff of the results of the investigation when satisfactory answers are not obtained;
- Manage the finance team to ensure all necessary follow ups are done as per the financial management rules and taking donor agreements into consideration.
- Management of all financial resources through planning, guiding, monitoring and controlling of the resources in accordance with the relevant rules and regulations;
- Preparation and monitoring of budgets;
- Regular analysis and reporting on the budget approvals and the delivery situation of projects under the CRGE Facility;
- Elaboration of proper mechanisms to eliminate deficiencies in budget management;
- Collection of information on internal and external clients’ satisfaction and needs in order to develop improvements to services;
- Ensuring the finance team provides continuous support and provide capacity building through training and experience sharing to implementing partners.
- Ensure spot-checking are provided as per plan, corrective actions are taken immediately for audit findings;
- Ensuring financial report from regional bureaus are received on time for projects in the Facility;
- Ensuring that advance payments and direct payments for implementing partners and regional bureaus are properly reviewed and made on a timely basis, as well as ensuring that payment information is properly recorded into the system on a timely basis;
- Ensuring submission of financial and audit reports to donors on time and based on agreements made with the respective donor.
- Elaboration of the internal expenditures’ control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted; payrolls are duly prepared; monthly payment orders, travel claims, and other entitlements are duly processed;
- Control of accounts opening and closure;
- Timely response to requests to resolve financial data issues;
- Control of the projects accounts and follow up with partners on contributions, maintenance of the General Ledger;
- Timely review of cash position to ensure sufficient funds on hand for disbursements. Timely identification and recording of receipts for income application;
- Timely and accurate approval of bank reconciliation, including documented review of exceptions;
- Initiation of bank transfers, selecting bank transfers for approval and settlement;
- Timely preparation of monthly cash flow forecast for use by the CRGE Facility. Liaison with other program personnel to obtain estimate of their cash requirements.
- Organization of training for the operations/ projects staff in the CRGE Facility;
- Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices in financial management at the CRGE Facility;
- Sound contributions to knowledge management;
- Ensure the finance team provide all necessary trainings to Implementing Partners based on identified capacity gaps.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of the UN;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Promotes knowledge management in UNDP and a learning environment in the office through leadership and personal example;
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more Practice Areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
- Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting;
- Ability to formulate and manage budgets, manage contributions and investments, manage transactions, conduct financial analysis, reporting and cost-recovery;
- Good knowledge of accounting;
- Ability to successfully lead a finance team;
- Excellent IT skills;
- Ability to implement new systems and affect staff behavioral/ attitudinal change.
- Builds strong relationships with partners, focuses on impact and result for the partner and responds positively to feedback;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics or related field.
- At least 4 years of relevant progressively advancing professional experience in all aspects of financial management (financial planning, budgeting, accounting, financial analysis, reporting, internal control) at national or international organizations level;
- Experience in management of large financial resources;
- Experience in funds management;
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve complex financial problems, formulate policies and implement change;
- Demonstrated resourcefulness, initiative and judgment;
- Solid technical knowledge and practical experience of application of financial management techniques and methods, technical knowledge (certification) of IPSAS;
- Computer literacy – MS office applications, web-based management information systems.
- Fluency in Amharic and English.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: One year with a possibility of extension