World Learning is a leading international non-profit organization advancing education, systems strengthening and inclusive development through programming around the world. We are seeking an experienced Finance and Operations Manager for the anticipated USAID-funded Georgia New Education Program (NEP). The project will seek to: 1) Expand the innovative learning instruction methods in reading and math into the national curriculum in all 2,400 of Georgia’s primary schools for grades 1-6, including schools in marginalized communities; 2) Strengthen teacher development curricula and teacher induction activities in at least five universities across the country that will result in a highly-qualified cadre of teachers and; 3) Build financial literacy and entrepreneurial skills.
The Finance and Operations Manager will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of financial management, including financial systems implementation, budgeting, expenditure tracking, and financial reporting and accounting.
Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project. If you are unable to access the position on our career’s page, you can submit your CV or resume/cover letter (in English) to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the post title on the subject line as well as a note explaining your qualifications for the position in the email body. Only finalist candidates will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis and qualified candidates should apply as soon as possible.
• Develop, manage, and monitor project budgets, financial reports, and projection of funding needs;
• Manage the project financial operations and financial reporting; provide guidance and technical assistance to financial management personnel;
• Develop and implement accounting and reporting systems for project expenditures, and provide guidance and training to project staff and partners on financial procedures;
• Provide ongoing financial administration to the project, including the processing of approvals for procurements, consultant agreements, and vendor invoices;
• Ensure that project operations are in compliance with donor and World Learning policies and procedures;
• Manage the timely submission of financial reports and monthly field expenses;
• In conjunction with the Deputy Chief of Party, liaise with the donor on finance, administrative, and operations issues, participating in discussions on contract issues and actions, and following up on client requests and concerns;
• Coordinate regularly with the finance team at World Learning HQ, providing timely updates on finance matters;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, or a related field; Master’s preferred;
• A minimum of 6 to 8 years of experience managing financial and contractual aspects for large USAID-funded international development projects;
• Significant experience with project financial management, including financial controls, accounting, and audit, reporting, and expense validation and reimbursement;
• Ability to work across various teams with excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to build consensus and navigate complex operating environments, including demonstrated experience managing and supervising financial, administrative, and procurement personnel;
• Familiarity with US Government Cost Accounting Standards; demonstrated knowledge of USAID rules, regulations, and reporting requirements;
• Strong analytical and computer skills, with an emphasis on budget and financial analysis;
• Professional level of verbal and written fluency in English as well as in Georgian; Georgian Nationals preferred;
• Commitment to inclusive programming that encourages full participation of individuals regardless of gender, disability status, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or other marginalized status.
This vacancy is archived.
UNcareer.net - official telegram channel. International jobs and internships opportunities. Daily Update.Join Channel
UN career subscription. Get new vacancies and internships daily on your phone.Subscribe now