Nationally Recruited Staff
Reports to: Office Manager - Morocco and functionally to the Director of Finance
Location: Rabat, Morocco
Advertisement date: February 13, 2019
Closing date: March 10, 2019
(or until the position is filled)
In support of the Office Manager, the position will lead the overall Finance Operations in Morocco Platform including the various outreach offices of ICARDA in North Africa Region. The position is responsible for ensuring that the ICARDA financial policies and procedures are carried-out properly in the Morocco Platform and the outreach offices in North Africa.
The International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas (ICARDA) is an international autonomous, non-profit, research organization supported by CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food-secure future.
ICARDA’s mission is to reduce poverty, enhance food, water and nutritional security, as well as environmental health in the face of global challenges including climate change. We do this through innovative science, strategic partnerships, linking research to development and capacity development that take into account gender equality and the role of youth in transforming the dry areas. ICARDA works in partnership with governments, universities, civil society, national agricultural research organization, other CGIAR research Centers, and the private sector. With its temporary Headquarters in Beirut, Lebanon, ICARDA operates in regional and country offices across Africa, Asia and the Middle East. For more information: www.icarda.org
The incumbent will report to the Office Manager and will have the following responsibilities:
· Be a focal person for finance services in Morocco Platform Office and the project accounts in the Morocco Platform;
· Manage the flow of all financial information in the Morocco Platform into ICARDA’s accounting system and ensure that data are entered in an accurate, complete and timely manner;
· Assist the Office Manager in leading the Treasury, Budget, and General Accounting functions in Morocco Platform
· Ensure that the implementation of Morocco Platform financial operations processes and procedures are in accordance with the ICARDA policies;
· Coordinate with ICARDA staff at headquarters (Project Development and Grant Management Unit, Human Resources, IT, Procurement, Budget, Donor Reporting and Treasury) to integrate the Morocco Platform to the ICARDA processes;
· Ensure that the financial transactions in the Morocco Platform are recorded in the ICARDA Agresso Business WorldSystem (ABW) on a daily basis ensuring that amounts, descriptions, and budget codes are correct;
· Prepare monthly financial status report of finance operation in Morocco Platform;
· Analyze the Financial activities in the Morocco Platform and identify areas where improvement can be made;
· Assist HQ Finance in the monthly, quarterly and annual closing and reporting, with responsibility in the accounting areas of Morocco Platform.
· Contribute to the service-orientation policy of the Finance Services in the Morocco Platform, and respond to queries and requests in a timely and appropriate manner; and
· Contribute to the development of ICARDA financial policies and procedures
· Carry-out other duties as assigned by the Office Manager or the Director of Finance.
· University degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) in Accounting. Certified Public Accountant or Chartered Accountant is preferred.
· At least 6 years of progressive experience in financial management
· Experience with an international organization will be an advantage;
· Proficiency in computerized information system, databases and financial packages is required, experience in ABW system is desirable;
· Proficiency in the use of MS Office specially advanced application of Excel is a plus;
· Excellent command of spoken and written English.
· Master’s Degree in either Finance, Business Management or Accounting
This is a nationally recruited position for which ICARDA offers an attractive compensation package including a competitive salary, medical insurance, 30 days of annual leave, five months’ maternity leave, 15 days’ paternity leave. The successful candidate will be offered an initial contract of 3 years, renewable subject to satisfactory performance. The first year will be probationary period.
ICARDA is committed to increasing women representation in its workforce and strongly encourages applications from qualified women.
Applications will be acknowledged, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This vacancy is archived.
UNcareer.net - official telegram channel. International jobs and internships opportunities. Daily Update.Join Channel
UN career subscription. Get new vacancies and internships daily on your phone.Subscribe now