Finance Officer – Control and Compliance
The position holder is responsible for ensuring that financial transactions of the Head Office are compliant to the financial policies & procedures, disbursements are timely processed, accurate bookkeeping and cashiering is in placed with internal control in placed.
* Must have completed a degree in Accounting
* SUN System and/or Agresso systems experience desirable
* At least 5 years work experience in finance
* Knowledge of sales and marketing reports
* Exposure to banking system and batch file processes in the corporate banking sector
* Experience in the use of accounting packages
* Willingness to pursue trainings and development skills using SQL
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to multi-task and work on tight deadlines
* High sense of urgency and well-developed work ethic
* Understanding of Save the Children vision and mission and commitment to its objectives
* Willing to adopt to Save the Children methodology and framework in program implementation
* Abide by and implement Save the Children Eight Agency Policies including Child Safety
* International NGO experience
* Proven track record of working independently and with little supervision
* International non-profit work experience
* Multi-cultural work experience
Fixed Term position until September 30, 2020 based in National Capital Region
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.