General Description of the Organization:
Orange is a non-governmental civil society organization devoted to alleviating the suffering and improving the sustainability mechanisms of conflict affected population.
Orange partners directly with affected Syrian populations delivering humanitarian and development programmes, Livelihood, Education, and Protection, to enable them to improve their living practices and their sustainability mechanisms.
Orange also collaborates with national and international non-governmental organizations, local initiatives responding to the humanitarian Syrian crisis with capacity development programmes, to be better equipped with the skills they need to prepare and respond to affected population’s needs and to ensure that these communities, which we work within, are ready for any future disasters.
The Finance Manager will be responsible for leading the Finance Department in Orange. S/he is responsible for all aspects of financial management of Orange in both Syria and Turkey, working collaboratively to ensure compliance with Orange internal policies and procedures as well as donor regulations.
S/he works under the direction of the Director of Operations and is responsible for all financial functions in including accounting, payments and banking, payroll, budgeting, financial reporting and grant financial management and compliance. The Finance Manager, in support of the Program Department, provides timely reports and assistance to the Director of Operations and SMT members to ensure that financial resources are used efficiently and effectively.
Duties, objectives and competencies:
Strategy & Vision
- Recognize opportunities for innovative action and create an environment where alternative viewpoints are welcomed.
- Set direction of finance department by prioritizing and organizing actions & resources to achieve objectives and contribute to Orange strategy development.
- Work with the Director of Operations and senior management team to grow the finance management, formulate strategies and plans.
Influence & Representation
- Identify, build and manage collaborative partnerships with Orange donors and partners and other stakeholders.
- Communicate effectively to ensure overall project financial targets and donor obligations are met.
- Interface with the (donor) representatives to convey information about finance issues.
- Establish high level of credibility and manage strong working relationship with external stakeholders.
Operational – financial
- Plan and implement effective and transparent systems for financial operations in both Turkey and Syria offices in accordance with the Orange Finance Manual and donor regulations, including systems for cash flow management, budgeting, consolidation of accounting information, internal controls, financial reporting, financial record-keeping, and compliance.
- Develop (and keep up to date) fiscal year budgets with the SMT and develop and implement grant budgeting and forecasting systems with Program Managers/Director.
- Ensure effective, transparent use of financial resources in compliance with Orange and donor policies and procedures.
- Ensure that Orange financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
- Maintain banking relations and plan and monitor country cash flow requirements to ensure the smooth implementation of Orange projects.
- Supervised submission of monthly standard accounting submissions to Orange SMT including general files, account reconciliations, expenditures by cost project, required sub-grantee reporting, as well as other financial information in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide weekly management reports to the Director of Operations and SMT including expenditures by cost project, reporting and other financial information, in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure review financial reporting and compliance. Provide additional technical assistance to the team as necessary to maintain high standards of compliance.
- Assist internal and external audits and reviews as required to ensure compliance with Orange and donor requirements.
- Provide training of non-finance staff on financial management and processes (budgets, coding, planning, etc.)
- Lead and develop finance teams in the main office and field offices and build the capacity of team members.
- Promote accountability, communicate expectations and provide constructive feedback via regular performance reviews.
- Provide team members with information, tools and other resources to improve performance and reach objectives.
- Help team members identify problem-solving options and ensure the integration of all team members into relevant decision-making processes.
- Take ultimate responsibility of performance of finance team members.
- At least 4 years of progressive financial management and grants management experience is required in international NGO/leading LNGOs or business.
- BA/S or equivalent in accounting or finance is required. MA degree is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and skill with budget preparation and analysis, financial reporting preparation and presentation and the proven ability to translate technical financial data into informative reports.
- Strong accounting skills and experience
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel and other accounting programmes e.g. QuickBooks
- Prior management experience and strong organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written English skills required.
- Turkish Language is an advantage.
Orange’s Values and Principles:
We believe that:
- Maintaining a positive, healthy, and trusting relationship is central to making partnership a success.
- Appropriately trained and resourced staff and volunteers are key to effective and efficient service and program delivery in the development sector.
We are committed to:
- Shared responsibility, accountability, and decision-making in any partnership.
- Providing access to high quality learning to empower people and professionals in the development sector, particularly in the developing world.
- Learning from each other to strengthen and enhance the long-term sustainability of our services and programs for the benefit of children and communities that we serve.
Child safe guarding policy
Orange aims to create an organization that is safe for children but is also aware of the need to keep child protection concerns proportionate and to guard against over-zealous attitudes. Child abuse thrives in closed and secretive atmospheres. Orange’s best protection is to create an open and aware culture where people are not afraid to speak about their concerns.
Any employee, consultant, contractor or the supplier undertaking an activity on behalf of Orange capacity building must sign the Child Safeguarding – Declaration of Acceptance Form and comply with the Orange Child Safeguarding Policy which is a statement of Orange commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children with whom it comes into contact.