At Last Mile Health, we are all stewards of our reputations and resources. Do you have demonstrated experience leading the day-to-day finance work for a non-profit and are you excited to do so for our new country program? If so, you might be our next Finance Manager.
The Finance Manager, reporting to the Country Director, will support the daily financial activities required for successful implementation and functioning of the Malawi program. They will work closely with LMH’s Global Finance team to ensure fund availability to implement activities while at the same time making sure the organization is in compliance with organizational & donor policies and procedures. The Manager will also support with monthly reconciliations and budget to actual reports and will be available to answer all employee questions regarding the finance function.
This position is slated to begin in March 2020.
What You'll Do
- Perform all daily finance activities, including processing of the accounts receivable, accounts payable, cash receipts, and general ledger functions
- Complete monthly reconciliation of some balance sheet accounts including bank accounts, accounts receivable, accounts payable
- Maintain a centralized vendor administration function against provider payouts
- Liaise with team members in managing cash disbursements and record keeping
- Support in the recording of monthly allocation entries to ensure timely update and adjustment of allocation methodologies as well as the monthly financial statements
- Work across the accounts payable function to ensure budget managers properly code expenses based on department budget and provide guidance to improving these processes
- Support team in ensuring compliance with International Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Manage filing of registrations, financial reports, tax filings and other filings required by the government
What You'll Bring
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or a related field
- A minimum of five years of experience working in finance/accounting at an international organization, preferably in Malawi
- Thorough knowledge of non-profit accounting principles
- Experience working in a multi-grant environment is required
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external stakeholders to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results
- Professional level expertise in working with NetSuite (across currencies), and advanced level of Excel
You'll Impress Us If
- You have previously supported the registration of businesses in Malawi
- You have experience with USAID funding
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health (LMH) saves lives in the world's most remote communities by partnering with governments to bring critical primary care services to the doorsteps of people living in the last mile. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Liberia, Malawi, Boston and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.