All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
1. Role and responsibilities
The main objective for the Finance Manager position is to oversee financial setup according to NRC standards and to support programme/project implementation. The position holder will ensure that NRC Lebanon is well positioned to respond to current and future needs shall demonstrate strong engagement and leadership in all major Finance actions while ensuring capacity building of Finance teams across the entire country.
Ensure that country set up adhere to Financial Handbook, NRC policies, donor and auditor requirements
Implement NRC’s financial systems, routines and procedures at national level
Maintain overall budget control and monitor cash flows
Manage the Finance team in all offices whether with a direct line management or technical.
Support and train line managers with budget responsibilities
Provide regular reporting and analysis that can be used for further improvement of service delivery
Implement anti-corruption policy
Oversee and be responsible of mainstreaming protection guidelines in the NRC’s related activities as per NRC’s Protection mainstreaming guidelines and ensure that all breaches/concerns reported are properly resolved.
· Oversee the implementation of all Finance related policies, procedures, strategies, and initiatives in coordination with the Finance team to ensure success, consistency, and compliance
· Update the Master Budget on regular basis to ensure that all funding gaps are covered
· Perform audit and compliance checks on all related Finance matters in all related offices and follow up on corrective measures as needed.
· Prepare the budget for new proposals and grant applications to ensure compliance with NRC and donor guidelines.
· Ensure that monthly accountancy closing is done on time and following NRC financial procedures.
· Develop detailed financial reports to be submitted to donors, and perform quality control and compilation of area offices’ reports.
· Elaborate Monthly Budget versus Actual for all Lebanon projects and prepare forecast of expenditures in coordination with Programme Staff.
· Elaborate, review and update Finance Standard Operating Procedures for Lebanon when needed
· Update and follow up on financial standard requirements for Local Partners (develop checklists for control visits, standardized budget template, budget monitoring template, etc.)
- Critical interfaces
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
· Area Managers and Finance Staff in Area Offices
· Programme Unit and Programme Specialists
· Regional Office Finance and ICT
· External Auditors
· Related NRC Partners
· NRC Senior Management
· Related Donors
- Professional competencies
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance or any related field
· Minimum 5 years of experience from working as a senior Financial Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context
· Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
· Experience of financial systems and structures development
· Experience of leading Finance units during start-up, exit or emergency response phases of operation
· Proficient in MS Excel and accounting systems
· Fluent in both Arabic and English, written and verbal
- Behavioral competencies
· Managing performance and development
· Empowering and building trust
· Communicating with impact and respect
· Managing resources to optimize results
· Handling insecure environments
· Coping with change