Mosaik Support Center for Refugees and Locals was founded in June 2016 to provide a space of warmth, safety and community for the most vulnerable populations on Lesvos. Built on principles of solidarity, integration and empowerment, Mosaik joins refugees and locals in a common struggle against policies of exclusion and attrition at the EU border and offers them a sustainable structure to support their resolve to live with dignity. Bringing together over 300 students aged 4 to 89, from 20 countries, Mosaik offers language courses in English and Greek, computer literacy classes, legal support for asylum applicants, vocational training in arts and crafts, upcycling workshops, music and dance classes and cultural events supported by artists, activists and organizations from across the world.
Mosaik is looking to employ full-time staff to cover our Finance, HR & Administration needs and assist at the reception.
Accounting (cash and transfers)
- Ensures that financial records are kept accurate and up to date
- Keeps a detailed account of monthly expenditures and donations received,
- Maintains close communications with Mosaik’s accountant concerning incoming funds and expenditure; submits all receipts, bills and invoices to Mosaik’s accountant for processing.
- Ensures timely payment of all bills pertaining to the center (electricity, water, heating, telephone and internet).
- Oversees the operation of the monthly payroll processes to ensure staff are paid accurately and on time.
- Drafts a monthly report of Mosaik’s activities and finances for Mosaik’s accountant, AMKE and Advisory Board to be made available to all Mosaik staff members for the purpose of transparency.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements.
- Prepares an annual budget; schedules expenditures; plans and initiates corrective actions in collaboration with the staff.
Reception: office administration/logistics:
- Maintains an inventory of office supplies and overseeing re-ordering processes
- Ensures a clean and tidy office environment (overseeing the cleaner).
- Supports the reception desk with responding to queries in Greek, registering new students and ensuring the proper functioning of the class schedule.
- Is sometimes responsible for opening and/or closing Mosaik.
- Is responsible for regularly checking the firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com e-mail accounts, either responding to queries or forwarding them to the relevant department.
- Maintains a safe, secure, and legal work environment by overseeing contracts with IKA in collaboration with Mosaik’s accountant.
- Arranges special provisions (annual leave; sick leave; maternity leave etc.)
- Manages changes and updates to payroll.
Responds to ad hoc queries in relation to payroll.**Reception:**
Supports the front desk with registrations, phone calls to students, bus ticket distributions and other such logistical tasks as may arise during the registration period. Internal Communications
Attends weekly coordination meeting to present on progress in finances and logistics.
Regularly communicates Mosaik’s activities and finances to Lesvos Solidarity’s AMKE and
Mosaik’s Advisory Board.
Essential Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience and Skills
- Excellent Excel skills
- Experience with balancing budgets and financial planning
- Fluency in Greek; proficiency in English
- Highly organised and process driven
- Strong team player
- Comfortable using own initiative and taking ownership of processes
- Able to handle confidential information
- A thorough understanding of solidarity work surrounding migration in Europe.
- Sensitivity to cross-cultural dynamics in the work place and experience supervising
- Positive outlook and fun, with a good sense of humour