We are currently recruiting for a Finance Coordinator to join the Financial Analysis and Business Partnering team in our London Office. The team provides quality strategic insight and effective finance partnering to key stakeholders to drive quality financial and business outcomes. The role assists the Finance Business Partners, who provide professional support to the Finance Leadership Team and SCI Centre office budget-holders to deliver high quality management reporting.
This is a great opportunity for a recent finance graduate or a junior accountant as the role holder will be responsible for supporting the Centre Finance team with the production of monthly management accounts, budgets and forecasts and value added financial information for budget mangers while maintaining the general ledger, reconciling control accounts, reconciling accrual and prepayment accounts.
In order to be successful you will bring:
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
* Experience in Double entry book keeping is required
* Good IT literacy including intermediate excel skills
* Strong time management skills with an ability to plan ahead, anticipate requirements, and obstacles, and an ability to juggle competing priorities successfully and to work to tight deadlines in a high pressure organisation
* Ability to liaise remotely with a wide range of people at all levels and across different cultures and to act with credibility, tact and diplomacy
* Ability to be proactive and logical in problem-solving scenarios
* Thorough – high attention to detail and takes pride in delivering accurate, high quality work
* A good understanding of financial systems and procedures
* Conscientious and client focussed
* Maintains a calm disposition and positive outlook particularly when working under pressure
* A full appreciation of the value of co-operation, both internationally and within a team environment
* Commitment to Save the Children values
* Verbal and written fluency in English
* Experience of balance sheet reconciliation and analysis
* Experience in budgeting and forecasting
* Experienced in a multi-currency Finance environment
* Relevant finance work experience in a Chartered Accounting, Commercial or NGO environment
We offer £25,000 annual salarypackage with an opportunity to have flexible working hours.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a cover letter and up-to-date CV with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
Please visit our website for a copy of the full Job Description: https://www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
eer, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.