Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination and it is girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years and are now active in more than 70 countries
Plan is seeking applicants for a proposed Finance and Operations Director for an anticipated USAID’s Women’s Empowerment program in Egypt, an agreement with an expected budget of $25 million over 5-years with an estimated start date of December 2019.
The Finance and Operations Director is responsible for overseeing project finances and administrative operations in accordance with relevant USAID regulations and in line with Plan’s financial and administrative management policy provisions. The Finance and Operations Director will supervise grant management and financial reporting on grant performance and will ensure best use of resources by managing the preparation of sound budgets, monitoring project expenses, and assuring timely preparation of donor financial reports. This position is contingent upon award of the project by the donor.
- Provide oversight of financial and administrative management of the project in compliance with donor’s rules and regulations
- Supervise all financial management to ensure best use of resources through sound budgeting, monitoring of project expenses, and timely preparation of donor financial reports.
- Develop and implement monthly project-wide financial review (project tracker) and analysis, as well as provide timely and reliable financial information for decision-making.
- Maintain strong internal policies, processes, and controls systems in order to provide timely, consistent and accurate financial and budget management.
- Develop strategic planning, work planning, and budgeting processes.
- Work closely with Plan International USA home office and Plan Egypt country office staff on internal and external financial reviews and audits; work closely with project finance/grants/administrative staff and sub-grantees to ensure appropriate implementation of same.
- Prepare financial reports for donors.
Key Qualifications and Skills
- Master’s degree in finance or financial management, and/or a professional qualification in accountancy. Bachelor’s degree with significant experience in project finance management may be accepted.
- Significant experience managing programs funded by the U.S. Government, including experience managing finances for USAID-funded projects
- Extensive experience in financial management and/or project administration.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) applicable to USA accounting procedures and processes.
- In-depth knowledge of USAID financial management rules and regulations and other key USG regulations, including USAID 22 CFR Part 226 Administration of Assistance Awards to U.S. Non-Governmental Organizations, 22 CFR Part 145 Grants and Agreements with Non-Profits, OMB Circulars A-122, Cost principles for non-profit organizations, and A-133 Audit of states, local governments, and non-profits.
- Ability to adopt new software and financial management systems.
- Excellent communication, management, and leadership skills.
- Proven analytical skills in isolating priorities and tackling them.
Demonstrated knowledge about gender and development, and demonstrated experience and proficiency in managing programs that mainstream gender.
Work experience in Egypt highly preferred.
Fluent Arabic; Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
Level of Contact with Children:
Low contact with children
Type of Role: Fixed-term contract
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Salary: Competitive salary available
Reports to: Chief of Party
Closing Date: 21st of June 2019
Female candidates are encouraged to apply
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
Please note that only applications and CVs written in English will be accepted.
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International's Child Protection Policy.
As an international child centered community development organization, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children's rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organization, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
Plan International operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all areas of the international community.