Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is seeking a Director, Finance and Administration for a potential 5 year, $45 million USAID-funded, Health Systems Strengthening, Governance and Financing (HSS) Activity in Mali. The objective of the HSS activity is to expand access to high-quality health services and increase the Malian population's ability to plan, finance and manage their health system at the community, district, regional levels within the regions of Sikasso, Segou, and Mopti, and at the national level.
This position is subject to project award and funding.
The Director, Finance and Administration is responsible for the following:
- As part of the project leadership team, provide high-level finance and operations management, authoritative leadership on all budget and expenditure monitoring, financial reporting and contract matters to ensure timely and effective implementation of the program’s activities in country in compliance with MSH standards, donor regulations and local country laws.
- Lead the program annual budget development and amendment process including working closely with technical and operations teams to develop an annual work plan, life-of-project budget and an activity plan budget.
- Ensure strong internal control systems are in place and monitored, and that all staff in country understand MSH’s Code of Conduct and MSH’s Zero Tolerance practice.
- Lead the people management aspect for all staff including check-ins, formal appraisals, supportive supervision, rewards, training, coaching and carrier development support.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in business administration, finance, commerce, or a related field is required.
- Extensive experience in managing and implementing public health programs of the complexity, size and scope of HSS (in terms of dollar amount and number of people managed).
- Extensive experience working in developing countries, preferably in Western Africa.
- Experience in program administration, financial oversight, award contractual compliance, and sub-award management.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in managing finance and compliance aspects of large USAID-funded projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Strong French and English language skills, including strong writing and oral presentation skills in English.
Must be willing to travel within Mali.