- Support the preparation of the Project’s strategies and work-plans;
- Support Project implementation and monitoring;
- Support resource mobilization;
- Support the Project’s institutional capacity building;
- Support communication and knowledge management.
- Collection, analysis and presentation of information for identification of areas for support and programme formulation/ implementation
- Facilitate project stakeholder consultative processes and gather data feeding into the preparation of Project strategies and work-plans
- Analyse information and help to prepare relevant planning instruments and products
- Support on the activities at the provincial level, including facilitating consultations with the Government Officials and relevant partners and with the Project Implementation Unit (PIU) in the Country Office
- Assist in the project implementation and monitor activities relating to GLED Programme
- Networking and mobilizing the stakeholder/community involvement in the project with the Provincial and District Governance machinery
- Coordinate the timely submission of progress reports and assist with data entry, and the preparation of charts, graphs, and periodic progress reports
- Support and facilitate external evaluations, advocacy and knowledge sharing forum, training programmes, audits, donor assessments and missions
- Assist in preparing Project proposals and budgets with information from the field
- Review agreements/proposals, track the use of project resources, follow-up on progress and assist FPS monitor expected results at the field levels
- Assist with synthesis of lessons learnt and creating a data base on same and best practices in programme
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice
- Participation in the training for the Project staff on administration and Programme matters
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the supervisor
- The key results achieved at the Project will support a consultative planning process for the projects in the Districts and effective implementation of project work plans, in close consultation and collaboration with Government officials and other development partners. Accurate presentation of information strengthens the capacity of the office and enhances the image of the project as an effective contributor to the development and peace building initiatives of the country.
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UN’s values and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP
- Displays cultural, gender, religious, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Treats all people fairly without favouritism
- Substantial knowledge of Socio-Economic Development in the district/s and province
- Experience working in the District or similar regions in Sri Lanka
- In-depth practical knowledge of inter-disciplinary development issues
- Ability to contribute to the formulation of project work plans, assist in the implementation and monitoring, and facilitate evaluation of development projects
- Ability to assist the FPS to build strong relationships with clients, focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Seeks and applies knowledge, information and best practices inside and outside UNDP
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Pro-activeness and application of experience in the day-do-day work
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- Proven networking, team-building, organizational and communication skills
- Secondary Education preferably with specialized certification in Accounting, Economics, HR or Finance with Six (6) years of relevant administrative or programme experience is required at the national or international level. OR
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of One(1) years of experience in relevant administrative or programme experience is required at the national or international level.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, MS Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems:
- Experience building and maintaining partnerships with Government, other development partners and the private sector
- Demonstrated capacity to undertake assigned responsibilities and work under pressure
- An excellent team player
- Demonstrates strong oral and written English communication skills, along with Tamil and/or Sinhala. Tri-lingual candidates would have an advantage.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: One Year