Position Title: Facility Support Staff
This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Facility Support Staff to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria.
Background: The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world. The IDIQ has three task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program. GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All three task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
The Facility support staff will take care of office facilities and carry out cleaning and maintenance duties as well as ensuring that office environment is clean and in orderly conditions at all times on a daily basis.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Maintain and clean all public and private areas of the office premises
- Perform and document routine inspection and maintenance activities
- Superficial and intensive office sanitation including but not limited to sweeping, mopping and disposing of simple office waste
- Carryout monthly general office cleaning
- Notify supervisor of occurring deficiencies or needs for repairs
- Disposition of waste bins or similar receptacles for waste at the close of business everyday
- Support replenishment of office consumables such as tea items, dispenser water jars, toiletries, etc.)
- Follow all health and safety regulations during cleaning
- Perform other tasks as assigned by Office Administrative Manager or his/her designee
Maintain a good knowledge and understanding of all office rules and procedures as set forth in the field office policy manual.
Support achievement of the overall project goals as required to ensure project performance.
- Minimum of Secondary School Certification
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience
- Fluency in English is required
The Facility support staff will report directly to the Office Administrative Manager
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment
This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria.