- Maintenance of the supervisor’s calendar, contacts with high-ranking visitors, arrangement of appointments and meetings, acting as an interpreter when required and/or taking minutes;
- Maintenance of protocol procedures;
- Preparation of high quality briefing materials for supervisor for appointments, meetings, missions;
- Preparation of informal translations;
- Management of RR/DRR missions and representation schedule;
- Maintenance of rosters of high-level partners, telephone lists;
- Preparation of correspondence, directives, comments on behalf of RR/DRR for his/her signature and making follow-up when required;
- Use of automated office management systems for effective functioning of the RR/DRR office.
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials. Use of automated filing system;
- Coordination of the information flow in the office, follow up on circulation files;
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to RR and DRR.
- Screening of all incoming calls and correspondence;
- Presentation of proposals to eliminate communication bottlenecks in the office and streamline office procedures between the supervisor’s office and subordinate division;
- Establishes excellent network and partnerships with peers in the UNDP, UN and other diplomatic missions.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice;
- Organization of specialized trainings for secretaries;
- Organization of trainings to UNDP staff on coordination, administration and protocol issues.
- Secondary Education with specialized executive assistant training. University Degree would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- 6 years (with Secondary education) or 3 years (with Bachelor degree) of progressively responsible secretarial, administrative, programme experience is required at the national or international level. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc), experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian languages
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS/NO categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 364 days