Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Regional Representative, the Executive Associate to the Regional Representative ensures effective and efficient functioning of the Representative office, full confidentiality in all aspects of assignment, maintenance of protocol procedures, management of information flow and follow-up on deadlines and commitments made
The Executive Associate to the Regional Representative works in close collaboration with UNODC ROCA staff, UN Agencies, and national authorities to ensure efficient flow of information, actions on instructions, agendas.
Summary of key functions:
1. Ensures effective and efficient functioning of the Representative’s office focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of the supervisor’s calendar, contacts with high-ranking visitors, arrangement of appointments and meetings, acting as an interpreter when required and/or taking minutes.
- Maintenance of protocol procedures.
- Preparation of high quality briefing materials for supervisor for appointments, meetings, missions.
- Preparation of informal translations.
- Management of RR missions and representation schedule.
- Maintenance of rosters of high-level partners, telephone lists.
- Preparation of correspondence, directives, comments on behalf of RR for his/her signature and making follow-up when required.
- Use of automated office management systems for effective functioning of the RR office.
2. Ensures provision of effective communications and administrative support to the office focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of the Representative office filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials;
- Coordination of the information flow in the office, follow up on circulation files;
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, and actions taken;
- Screen and log of all incoming and outgoing correspondence to/from the Representative office;
- Secretarial and administrative assistance to international professional staff, acting as a link between the Regional Representative and professional staff;
- Responding to routine requests for information;
- Support to organization of advocacy events if required;
- Provide support for efficient communication among UNODC ROCA, its Programme Offices as well as UNODC headquarters.
3. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice;
- Organization of trainings for ROCA personnel on coordination and protocol issues.
4. Provides executive assistance to the Regional Representative and administrative support to ROCA by:
- Creation of mission travel requests in Umoja;
- Make travel arrangements;
- Ensures availability of Certifying Officers and Bank Senators in the Office by monitoring of their travel mission and leaves;
- Assist to relevant office staff in personnel, administrative and general services arrangements specifically related to the Representative;
- Maintenance of the car log, distribution of assignments to the drivers, monitoring of drivers overtime work and verification with the log book;
- Initiating security clearance.
Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the efficiency of the Representative’s office. Accurate analysis and presentation of information strengthens the capacity of the Representative’s office and promote the image of UN/UNODC as an effective contributor to the development of the Central Asia and South Caucus countries. Incumbent’s own initiative is decisive in results of work.
Building Strategic Partnerships
Level 1.1: Maintaining information and databases
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
Level 1.1: Basic research and analysis
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
- Documents innovative strategies and new approaches
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
Level 1.1: Fundamental knowledge of processes, methods and procedures
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
Promoting Organizational Change and Development
Level 1.1: Presentation of information on best practices in organizational change
- Documents ‘best practices’ in organizational change and development within and outside the UN system
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions
Design and Implementation of Management Systems
Level 1.1: Data gathering and implementation of management systems
- Uses information/databases/other management systems
- Provides inputs to the development of simple system components
Level 1.1: Maintains effective client relationships
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients
- Responds to client needs promptly
Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management
Level 1.1: Gathering and disseminating information
- Gathers and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems
- Prepares timely inputs to reports
- Maintains databases
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Informed and transparent decision making
Bachelor degree in linguistics, philology, economics, international relations, social science and other related areas is required.
At least three years of progressively responsible secretarial, administrative, programme experience is required at the national or international level. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc), experience in handling of web based management systems.
Fluency in English and Russian languages with excellent legal drafting and writing skills. Knowledge of Uzbek as well as other Central Asia languages is desirable.
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension