To provide families with a strong start, the IRC is implementing a project to provide 1200 resettlement clients with laptops and an on-ramp to the digital world. The evaluation coordinator will lead a mixed methods evaluation of this nation-wide project to explore how computers are being used; identify any barriers that may impede uptake; and explore the role of computer access in digital literacy, language acquisition, and integration.
In this role you will:
- Develop a full evaluation plan for the project, including an M&E workplan in collaboration with implementing field offices and the project coordinator.
- Identify/develop and, if necessary, pilot data collection tools—working closely with project coordinator so that all administrative data needed for the evaluation is available and structured for analysis.
- Train staff involved in data collection to ensure that accurate data is collected in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Coordinate implementation of the evaluation plan and develop case studies documenting families’ journeys using the computers.
- Track and regularly provide updates on progress on the workplan.
- Compile and analyze data.
- Develop a high quality evaluation report and present evaluation findings internally and to donor.
- Support data collection and analysis for other IRC USP evaluations as needed.
Education: Master’s Degree required, in fields such as Applied Statistics, Social Sciences, Information Management.
Work Experience: At least 3 years developing and implementing M&E plans; coordinating and/or conducting project evaluations, conducting qualitative and both descriptive and inferential quantitative data analysis. Experience conducting evaluations of programs for refugee or displaced populations.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to plan and conduct mixed method project impact, outcome and process evaluations and define sampling strategies. Familiarity with process of developing case studies. Familiarity with measures of digital literacy, integration, and/or language acquisition is a plus.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to develop both quantitative and qualitative data collection tools.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative data analysis skills.
- Capacity with SPSS, Stata, R or similar software.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Ability to set up mobile data collection systems a plus.
- Ability to effectively communicate results, including with data visualization.
- Strong attention to detail (excellent proofreading and editing skills).
- Ability to work flexibly both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with fluency in English.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
Language Skills: Fluent in written and spoken English
Certificates or Licenses: N/A