The Procurement Services Unit (PSU) is part of the UNDP’s Bureau Management Services (BMS), with teams operating out of UNDP/HQ New York, Cyberjaya/Malaysia and in Copenhagen/Denmark, and the individual UNDP Bureau hubs.
The Atlas eTendering module was introduced to UNDP Country Offices in Q4, 2012 as part of the Procurement Roadmap. Over 50 UNDP Country Offices have used the system, with over 4000 cases successfully managed.
The next eTendering phase includes a wider roll-out to all UNDP regions, including mandating the use of the system for certain type of procurements. In this context PSU is implementing a project that aims to rollout the use of the system to all UNDP regions and more offices, as well as making further enhancements to the system.
The Service Contract holder will provide guidance and support to system users and be involved in several of the activities of this project, reporting directly to the eTendering Rollout Project Manager.
1) Provide support to system users. SC Holder will provide technical support to system users as required. The support will include:
- Solving ad-hoc system issues faced by system users;
- Guide users on how to use and navigate the system on ad-hoc bases;
- Provide coaching and guidance on how to use the system for first time users.
- Conduct online trainings for users;
- Conduct classroom trainings or specific field office missions;
- Provide Live support to users.
2) Provide support in system enhancements. SC Holder will work closely with the technical team to support system enhancements and customizations as required. This includes:
- Suggest system enhancements.
- Conduct system testing as needed.
3) Maintain and regularly update system user resource guides and tools. PSU has already developed several user guides and other resource materials for the system. SC Holder will regularly update these materials as well as develop new ones. This includes:
- Maintain helpdesk support online system;
- Update user guides and FAQ questions for system users;
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Ability to get things done
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Identifies new and better approaches to work processes and incorporates same in own work
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
Promoting Organizational Change and Development
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
Design and Implementation of Management Systems
- Uses information/databases/other management systems
- Uses knowledge and reasoning to identify the strength and weaknesses of alternate solutions, conclusions and approaches to problems
- Secondary Education in a relevant field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technologies, Economy or relevant fields
- Secondary Education with 6 years of relevant work experience in Procurement and/or IT in system support as help desk function in similar projects
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 years of relevant work experience in Procurement and/or IT in system support as help desk function in similar projects
- Fluency in English and Turkish is required
- Knowledge of Russian or other language spoken in Europe and the CIS region would be an asset.
- Knowledge of database setups and ERP Systems is required; knowledge of Atlas/Peoplesoft is a strong asset
- Experience in working with a dashboard or PowerBI application or chatbot applications is desired
- Knowledge of UN/UNDP Rules and Regulations is an asset
- Experience on key public procurement principles is an asset
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) required
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 6-8 months depending on start date but not beyond 31st December 2019