- Support to formulation of programme strategies and the Sub-regional programme document and implementation plan
- Support to management of the UNDP Solomon Islands programme
- Administrative support to the Programme Unit
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Support to resource mobilization
- Collection, analysis and presentation of information for identification of areas for support and programme formulation/implementation.
- Presentation of background information for formulation of programmes and projects, draft project documents, annual and quarterly work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements.
- Creation of project in Atlas, preparation of budget revisions, revision of project award and project status, determination of unutilized funds, operational and financial closing of a project
- Corresponds with implementing agencies on routine matters.
- Presentation of information for the audit of NEX and DEX projects and supports the implementation of audit recommendations
- Review of NIM and DIM financial reports, vendor’s approval in Atlas, preparation of non-PO vouchers
- Maintain the internal expenditures control system to ensure that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Atlas.
- Take timely corrective actions on unposted vouchers, including the vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions, unapproved vouchers.
- Creation of requisitions in Atlas for projects, registration of goods receipt in Atlas.
- Making budget check for requisitions, Purchase Orders and vouchers.
- Assist in the drafting of briefing materials for official missions.
- Assist in the preparation of meetings, trainings and other events, including scheduling.
- Provide general secretarial and administrative assistance to his/her respective team as well as the overall programme unit to provide backstopping and when requested, in spirit of team work.
- Ensure smooth flow of information among the team members.
- Assist in the identification and selection of project personnel through the advertisement of TORs, and preparation of shortlist of candidates.
- Analysis of information on donors, preparation of donor’s profile.
- Track and reporting on mobilized resources. Review of contributions agreements; managing contributions in Atlas.
- Participation in the trainings for the operations/project staff on programme.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice, and focal person for thematic areas: poverty reduction/crisis prevention/governance/environment
- Identifies relevant information for advocacy for a variety of audiences
- Provides information and documentation on specific stages of projects/programme implementation
- Provides background information to identify opportunities for project development and helps drafting proposals
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
- Maintains databases of donor information
- Tracks and reports on mobilized resources
- Documents and tracks innovative strategies/best practices/new approaches
- Responds positively to new approaches Resource Mobilization (Field Duty Stations)
Resource Mobilization (Field Duty Stations
- Maintains information/databases on potential and actual donors
- Maintains database of project files
- Provides data and information needed for preparation of project documents
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding and knowledge of the current guidelines and project management tools, and utilizes these regularly in work assignments
- Identifies relevant information for advocacy for UNDP’s goals for a variety of audiences
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Responds to client needs promptly
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Informed and transparent decision making
- Prince2 training and certification, RMG
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension